Mayor opens artist studio
A GRAND opening was held to celebrate an artist’s move into a larger studio at Clevedon Craft Centre.
Janice Ashworth opened her Wellydog studio at the centre in September but has this month relocated into a larger setting at the Moor Lane facility.
This will allow her to not only exhibit her watercolour work and the work of another artist, Greg Hunt, but also hold art lessons, run art groups and create an art library.
The Weston artist opened the Wellydog gallery, named after the family pet, after deciding to become a full-time artist when her contract for her job finished.
On January 7, Weston’s mayor, Councillor Cyril King, officially opened the new studio.
You may also want to watch:
For more details about lessons and workshops visit www.wellydog.co.uk
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 7 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends