Marina venue opens its doors
A STRIKING new pub-restaurant has opened on the waterfront at Portishead’s marina.
Hall & Woodhouse Portishead has been built by the family-owned brewery, using 28 recycled shipping containers to reflect the town’s nautical heritage.
Retail director David Hoare said: “Constructing this magnificent pub-restaurant is the culmination of a plan to build something truly special.
“Set over two floors, this �2.4million building has to be seen to fully understand the way it fits within the surrounding maritime landscape.”
The venue caters for all eating and drinking occasions, from breakfast, brunch, lunch or coffee and cakes, to early and late dinners. The menu provides a British interpretation of the bistro and brasserie concept.
The ground floor consists of a spacious bar and common room, while the large first floor dining room, which can be accessed by stairs or lift, also includes three private dining areas that sit within individual containers.
Continuing the company’s commitment to the communities in which it trades, Hall & Woodhouse Portishead will also provide separate 24-hour services for marina boat owners and crews which include showers, toilets and a laundry room.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
Mr Hoare added: “With built-in 24-hour marina facilities, a beautiful decking area overlooking the water and of course some famous Hall & Woodhouse hospitality, we really hope this pub-restaurant, which has created 55 new jobs in Portishead, becomes a hub of the community as well as an atmospheric destination venue.”
To find out more visit www.hall-woodhouseportishead.co.uk