Marina venue opens its doors
A STRIKING new pub-restaurant has opened on the waterfront at Portishead’s marina.
Hall & Woodhouse Portishead has been built by the family-owned brewery, using 28 recycled shipping containers to reflect the town’s nautical heritage.
Retail director David Hoare said: “Constructing this magnificent pub-restaurant is the culmination of a plan to build something truly special.
“Set over two floors, this �2.4million building has to be seen to fully understand the way it fits within the surrounding maritime landscape.”
The venue caters for all eating and drinking occasions, from breakfast, brunch, lunch or coffee and cakes, to early and late dinners. The menu provides a British interpretation of the bistro and brasserie concept.
The ground floor consists of a spacious bar and common room, while the large first floor dining room, which can be accessed by stairs or lift, also includes three private dining areas that sit within individual containers.
Continuing the company’s commitment to the communities in which it trades, Hall & Woodhouse Portishead will also provide separate 24-hour services for marina boat owners and crews which include showers, toilets and a laundry room.
- 1 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 2 Winners of Clevedon artist of the year announced
- 3 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 4 Specialist pre-school in Clevedon rated 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 5 LETTER: 'Has our council become a dictatorship?'
- 6 'Rundown' school play area given major refurb after campaign fundraises £10,000
- 7 Clifton music festival returns after Covid hiatus
- 8 Clevedon SC secure second place in the Cotswold League Final
- 9 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 10 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
Mr Hoare added: “With built-in 24-hour marina facilities, a beautiful decking area overlooking the water and of course some famous Hall & Woodhouse hospitality, we really hope this pub-restaurant, which has created 55 new jobs in Portishead, becomes a hub of the community as well as an atmospheric destination venue.”
To find out more visit www.hall-woodhouseportishead.co.uk