Marina venue opens its doors
A STRIKING new pub-restaurant has opened on the waterfront at Portishead’s marina.
Hall & Woodhouse Portishead has been built by the family-owned brewery, using 28 recycled shipping containers to reflect the town’s nautical heritage.
Retail director David Hoare said: “Constructing this magnificent pub-restaurant is the culmination of a plan to build something truly special.
“Set over two floors, this �2.4million building has to be seen to fully understand the way it fits within the surrounding maritime landscape.”
The venue caters for all eating and drinking occasions, from breakfast, brunch, lunch or coffee and cakes, to early and late dinners. The menu provides a British interpretation of the bistro and brasserie concept.
You may also want to watch:
The ground floor consists of a spacious bar and common room, while the large first floor dining room, which can be accessed by stairs or lift, also includes three private dining areas that sit within individual containers.
Continuing the company’s commitment to the communities in which it trades, Hall & Woodhouse Portishead will also provide separate 24-hour services for marina boat owners and crews which include showers, toilets and a laundry room.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
Mr Hoare added: “With built-in 24-hour marina facilities, a beautiful decking area overlooking the water and of course some famous Hall & Woodhouse hospitality, we really hope this pub-restaurant, which has created 55 new jobs in Portishead, becomes a hub of the community as well as an atmospheric destination venue.”
To find out more visit www.hall-woodhouseportishead.co.uk