Marina store backing lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD Lifeboat volunteers joined staff and customers for the opening of a new convenience store at the town’s marina.
Morrisons MLocal opened on Thursday on the water’s edge under the Sixty8 apartment complex.
Customers at the opening gave the new store the thumbs up. Sue Shewan, who lives above it, says she is delighted with the new store and is impressed with all its fresh produce, while residents Jeanette and Robert Gamlin, who live alongside the shop, said it is just what the marina needed.
Store manager Matt Cole said: “We are thrilled at the response from local residents and are pleased to be supporting the Portishead and Bristol Lifeboat Trust, which does so much good work. We are looking forward to being a big part of the Portishead community.”
Morrisons has pledged to donate £100 to the lifeboat and offered the store for future collections for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
The MLocal will be open from 7am-11pm Monday to Saturday and 8am-10pm on Sundays.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage