Marina store backing lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD Lifeboat volunteers joined staff and customers for the opening of a new convenience store at the town’s marina.
Morrisons MLocal opened on Thursday on the water’s edge under the Sixty8 apartment complex.
Customers at the opening gave the new store the thumbs up. Sue Shewan, who lives above it, says she is delighted with the new store and is impressed with all its fresh produce, while residents Jeanette and Robert Gamlin, who live alongside the shop, said it is just what the marina needed.
Store manager Matt Cole said: “We are thrilled at the response from local residents and are pleased to be supporting the Portishead and Bristol Lifeboat Trust, which does so much good work. We are looking forward to being a big part of the Portishead community.”
Morrisons has pledged to donate £100 to the lifeboat and offered the store for future collections for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
The MLocal will be open from 7am-11pm Monday to Saturday and 8am-10pm on Sundays.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 4 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year