Marco Pierre White’s new Italian to open at Cadbury
- Credit: Archant
A new Marco Pierre White restaurant will open in Congresbury tomorrow (Thursday).
The world-famous British chef is behind a new Italian which is being opened up within theclub at DoubleTree By Hilton, Cadbury House.
Mr White’s restaurant within the main hotel complex has been a big success in recent years and he hopes the new Bardolino Pizzeria Bellini and Espresso Bar will hit the sweet spot with diners.
He said: “What I like about Bardolino is that it tells you exactly what it is in the name. It’s pizza, it’s coffee, it’s a bar.
“We lead such busy lives our favourite past time must be escapism. A lot of today’s restaurant habits are about casual dining, so casual spaces are really important.
You may also want to watch:
“I like casual and I like affordable and that is what you get with Bardolino.
“The most important aspect of any restaurant is the environment you’re sat in. The lighting, the music, the staff all play their part. Food is almost fourth on the list.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
“Bardolino is all about simple, authentic Italian food. It’s recognisable dishes served in a comfortable and relaxed setting.”
Authentic Italian pasta dishes, stone-baked pizzas and other delicious meals will be on the new menu.
Breakfast and brunch menus will also be on offer.
Jason Eaton, the general manager at theclub said: “It was great to have Marco here (on Monday) to launch this new restaurant.
“It is a brand which is very close to his heart and we’re sure it’s going to be a hit with members as well as non-members to the health club, all of whom are welcome to eat here any time of the day.
“The concept is designed to offer a fresh alternative, where authentic, uncomplicated food served promptly is the norm.
“The interior is vibrant and a little bit quirky with the decor reflecting both old and the new.
“Add to that the stunning views of the North Somerset countryside and we’ve got the perfect combination to make this a dining experience to remember.”
Mr White named the new restaurant after the town of Bardolino which overlooks Lake Garda and was where his mother was born.