Mandy takes over village salon
A LONG established North Somerset hairdressing group has sold off one of its salons to a member of staff.
Jenny Hancock, co-owner of Robert John, handed over the keys of the Yatton salon to Mandy Brice who has managed the salon for the group for the past five years.
Mandy who has lived in Yatton all her life and started working at the Precinct salon when it first opened in 1991 says she is delighted to be taking on the challenge of her own business.
She said: “When the opportunity was presented to me I knew straight away the timing was right for me. I have loved working with Robert John for all these years and it’s thanks to their training and support that I now have the confidence to go it alone.”
Mandy will keep the same stylists with her in the salon, which she has now renamed A J’s Hair Design.
You may also want to watch:
As she handed over a good luck bouquet and keys to the property, Jenny Hancock said: “It has been an absolute pleasure to have worked with this team of talented stylists and to have been a part of the Yatton Precinct shopping area for over 20 years.”
Jenny’s husband and partner in the business Bob Hancock added: “Jenny and I are very proud of Mandy and couldn’t think of a better person to take over the salon.
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
“We have had a fantastic time in Yatton and would like to thank all the clients for their support, loyalty and best wishes.”
For the Robert John salons in Portishead, Clevedon and Weston it remains business as usual.