Mail changes afoot
PORTISHEAD residents will soon notice some changes in the way their mail is delivered.
From this week, postmen and women will be using new delivery methods and delivery routes.
Every business, household and organisation in the town will receive a letter from Royal Mail explaining the changes, which are aimed at modernising its operations and will be introduced in phases.
New equipment has been bought to deliver the increasing number of large items being sent through the post.
The changes will mean Royal Mail will continue to deliver in the morning and for a longer period during the day. Many customers should continue to get their mail by lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
The time mail is delivered will depend on the address on the new routes, which may mean it could be later or earlier than the current time.
When mail volumes vary, Royal Mail may also adjust delivery arrangements and times.
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 8 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
For more details call the customer services team on 0845 601 1399.