Mail changes afoot
PORTISHEAD residents will soon notice some changes in the way their mail is delivered.
From this week, postmen and women will be using new delivery methods and delivery routes.
Every business, household and organisation in the town will receive a letter from Royal Mail explaining the changes, which are aimed at modernising its operations and will be introduced in phases.
New equipment has been bought to deliver the increasing number of large items being sent through the post.
The changes will mean Royal Mail will continue to deliver in the morning and for a longer period during the day. Many customers should continue to get their mail by lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
The time mail is delivered will depend on the address on the new routes, which may mean it could be later or earlier than the current time.
When mail volumes vary, Royal Mail may also adjust delivery arrangements and times.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
For more details call the customer services team on 0845 601 1399.