Mail changes afoot
PORTISHEAD residents will soon notice some changes in the way their mail is delivered.
From this week, postmen and women will be using new delivery methods and delivery routes.
Every business, household and organisation in the town will receive a letter from Royal Mail explaining the changes, which are aimed at modernising its operations and will be introduced in phases.
New equipment has been bought to deliver the increasing number of large items being sent through the post.
The changes will mean Royal Mail will continue to deliver in the morning and for a longer period during the day. Many customers should continue to get their mail by lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
The time mail is delivered will depend on the address on the new routes, which may mean it could be later or earlier than the current time.
When mail volumes vary, Royal Mail may also adjust delivery arrangements and times.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
For more details call the customer services team on 0845 601 1399.