Mail changes afoot
PORTISHEAD residents will soon notice some changes in the way their mail is delivered.
From this week, postmen and women will be using new delivery methods and delivery routes.
Every business, household and organisation in the town will receive a letter from Royal Mail explaining the changes, which are aimed at modernising its operations and will be introduced in phases.
New equipment has been bought to deliver the increasing number of large items being sent through the post.
The changes will mean Royal Mail will continue to deliver in the morning and for a longer period during the day. Many customers should continue to get their mail by lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
The time mail is delivered will depend on the address on the new routes, which may mean it could be later or earlier than the current time.
When mail volumes vary, Royal Mail may also adjust delivery arrangements and times.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 6 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
For more details call the customer services team on 0845 601 1399.