Mail changes afoot
PORTISHEAD residents will soon notice some changes in the way their mail is delivered.
From this week, postmen and women will be using new delivery methods and delivery routes.
Every business, household and organisation in the town will receive a letter from Royal Mail explaining the changes, which are aimed at modernising its operations and will be introduced in phases.
New equipment has been bought to deliver the increasing number of large items being sent through the post.
The changes will mean Royal Mail will continue to deliver in the morning and for a longer period during the day. Many customers should continue to get their mail by lunchtime.
The time mail is delivered will depend on the address on the new routes, which may mean it could be later or earlier than the current time.
When mail volumes vary, Royal Mail may also adjust delivery arrangements and times.
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 Primary school children raise almost £300 at bake sale in Clevedon
- 3 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 4 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 5 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Nailsea's Trendlewood Park needs volunteers
- 8 Record-breaking North Somerset AC keep on delivering success
- 9 New chair elected at North Somerset Council
- 10 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
For more details call the customer services team on 0845 601 1399.