Mad Harry’s Party Shop tries an online venture
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR party accessory and fancy dress shop in Portishead has gone online after its owners decided to move out of their High Street store.
Mad Harry’s Party Shop was based in High Street for five years but was moved to a solely online business by its owners Margaret and Dave Tansley, of Avon Way, to give them a fighting chance against supermarkets and other large firms selling similar items.
For the past five years they have been supplying the local community with a host of party accessories, balloons and fancy dress costumes, with many mums using it as the go-to place for last minute costumes for their children’s school projects.
Now through their online operation, which can be found at www.madharryspartyshop.co.uk, they also offer home delivery for people living in North Somerset as well as a click and collect service and postal delivery.
Margaret, who named the business after the couple’s dog Harry, said: “We have had quite a few orders since going online and the balloons seem to be very popular.
You may also want to watch:
“We also do a lot of business with parents as we can offer many children’s costumes for about £10 which can work out cheaper than having to make one.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans