Mad Harry’s Party Shop tries an online venture
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR party accessory and fancy dress shop in Portishead has gone online after its owners decided to move out of their High Street store.
Mad Harry’s Party Shop was based in High Street for five years but was moved to a solely online business by its owners Margaret and Dave Tansley, of Avon Way, to give them a fighting chance against supermarkets and other large firms selling similar items.
For the past five years they have been supplying the local community with a host of party accessories, balloons and fancy dress costumes, with many mums using it as the go-to place for last minute costumes for their children’s school projects.
Now through their online operation, which can be found at www.madharryspartyshop.co.uk, they also offer home delivery for people living in North Somerset as well as a click and collect service and postal delivery.
Margaret, who named the business after the couple’s dog Harry, said: “We have had quite a few orders since going online and the balloons seem to be very popular.
“We also do a lot of business with parents as we can offer many children’s costumes for about £10 which can work out cheaper than having to make one.”
- 1 Town council submits complaint over 'financially flawed' appropriation of land
- 2 PICTURES: Festival of light at Clevedon Marine Lake
- 3 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 4 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 5 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 6 Meet the new leader of the Somerset Chamber of Commerce
- 7 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 8 Somerset counselling service gets £5,000 cash boost
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES