Mad Harry’s Party Shop tries an online venture
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR party accessory and fancy dress shop in Portishead has gone online after its owners decided to move out of their High Street store.
Mad Harry’s Party Shop was based in High Street for five years but was moved to a solely online business by its owners Margaret and Dave Tansley, of Avon Way, to give them a fighting chance against supermarkets and other large firms selling similar items.
For the past five years they have been supplying the local community with a host of party accessories, balloons and fancy dress costumes, with many mums using it as the go-to place for last minute costumes for their children’s school projects.
Now through their online operation, which can be found at www.madharryspartyshop.co.uk, they also offer home delivery for people living in North Somerset as well as a click and collect service and postal delivery.
Margaret, who named the business after the couple’s dog Harry, said: “We have had quite a few orders since going online and the balloons seem to be very popular.
You may also want to watch:
“We also do a lot of business with parents as we can offer many children’s costumes for about £10 which can work out cheaper than having to make one.”
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend