Loyalty card for town shoppers?
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD businesses could see more people shopping locally if a new loyalty scheme gets the green light.
If enough interest is generated in the town, a Love Portishead initiative could be launched. It would see businesses offering discounts and special offers to card holders, to reward them for shopping locally and using the town’s commercial services.
Shop owners who sign up would set individual offers each month, available only to card holders, and a central website would provide details of the latest ones. Under the scheme people would be able to ask for a free, Love Portishead loyalty card from any participating businesses.
With a view to moving the project forward, Portishead Town Council and members of the chamber of commerce have been in talks with Stuart Hayes, a business executive who has already helped successfully launch the Love Launceston project. Stuart has agreed to share the detailed business plan of how the scheme works in the Cornish town, with Portishead.
Alex Woodward, a member and former president of Portishead Chamber, said: “We are waiting to see a formal business plan to understand in more detail how the scheme will work but, in principle, as an organisation we are in favour of making the Love Portishead initiative a reality. It is good to look at ways to encourage residents to spend their money in the town rather than go elsewhere.”
You may also want to watch:
If the scheme goes ahead, funds will need to be raised to cover the cost of production of the cards and the website.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 7 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 10 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street