Loyalty card for town shoppers?
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD businesses could see more people shopping locally if a new loyalty scheme gets the green light.
If enough interest is generated in the town, a Love Portishead initiative could be launched. It would see businesses offering discounts and special offers to card holders, to reward them for shopping locally and using the town’s commercial services.
Shop owners who sign up would set individual offers each month, available only to card holders, and a central website would provide details of the latest ones. Under the scheme people would be able to ask for a free, Love Portishead loyalty card from any participating businesses.
With a view to moving the project forward, Portishead Town Council and members of the chamber of commerce have been in talks with Stuart Hayes, a business executive who has already helped successfully launch the Love Launceston project. Stuart has agreed to share the detailed business plan of how the scheme works in the Cornish town, with Portishead.
Alex Woodward, a member and former president of Portishead Chamber, said: “We are waiting to see a formal business plan to understand in more detail how the scheme will work but, in principle, as an organisation we are in favour of making the Love Portishead initiative a reality. It is good to look at ways to encourage residents to spend their money in the town rather than go elsewhere.”
You may also want to watch:
If the scheme goes ahead, funds will need to be raised to cover the cost of production of the cards and the website.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging