Lorry loads of help for hospice
- Credit: Archant
A PARTNERSHIP between a Kenn removal firm and Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) has seen truckloads of stock generated for the charity’s shops.
Yeates started the partnership last April , offering their customers the chance to donate unwanted goods to the charity, which runs Charlton Farm in Wraxall, on the day of their house move.
For no extra cost, Yeates staff will collect all unwanted goods and take them back to the depot at Kenn Business Park to then be picked up by CHSW volunteers.As a result, 10 lorry loads of items have been sold in the hospice’s shops in the first year.
Now, Yeates and CHSW are keen to raise awareness of the fact anyone clearing out their homes, regardless of whether they are moving or not, can also take unwanted items to the depot which is used as a collection point as well.
Items including good quality clothes, coats, shoes, bags, games, toys, books and furniture can all be sold on in the charity’s shops.
You may also want to watch:
Yeates’ managing director, James Griffin, said: “We are delighted our partnership with CHSW has proved so successful in generating stock for the shops.
“Moving house can be a stressful experience so it is great to be able to provide our customers with the satisfaction of not only having a clear-out but also doing a good deed.”
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 8 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Ashton & Backwell's season could "crumble" warns Jones
The drop-off point is at Unit 10, Windmill Road, Kenn Business Park.