Loopyloops endorsed by Dragon
A SIMPLE space-saving idea has netted a Long Ashton entrepreneur a business award from a Dragons’ Den star.
Mel Jeffery, creator and owner of Loopyloops wardrobe organisers, scooped a Small Business Sunday Winners gong after sending her details to one of the most successful businessmen in the world, Theo Paphitis via networking website Twitter.
Mel devised Loopyloops after struggling with the lack of rail space in her wardrobe. Amazed by how effective it was and how much rail space she freed up, she quickly developed her idea into a fun, colourful and handmade product.
The business took off after Mel took Loopyloops, which she makes in her dining room, to a local event and sold out within minutes.
After launching the company’s website in July 2011, Mel started entering the Twitter competition and just three weeks later Theo chose Loopyloops as a winner.
You may also want to watch:
Mel, who now has seven stockists, said: “Getting a re-tweet from Theo was a huge vote of confidence for my business, and then attending the winners event and getting to meet Theo in person was the icing on the cake.
“There is a lot of doom and gloom in the business world at the moment and to be part of such a positive and inspirational initiative for businesses is really important.”
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- 9 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
Mel will be exhibiting Loopyloops at the North Somerset Agricultural Show in Wraxall on May 7.
The product is available online via www.loopyloops.co.uk, from The Blue Room in Nailsea, Luna in Clevedon and Beauty Time in Cleeve.