Loopyloops endorsed by Dragon
A SIMPLE space-saving idea has netted a Long Ashton entrepreneur a business award from a Dragons’ Den star.
Mel Jeffery, creator and owner of Loopyloops wardrobe organisers, scooped a Small Business Sunday Winners gong after sending her details to one of the most successful businessmen in the world, Theo Paphitis via networking website Twitter.
Mel devised Loopyloops after struggling with the lack of rail space in her wardrobe. Amazed by how effective it was and how much rail space she freed up, she quickly developed her idea into a fun, colourful and handmade product.
The business took off after Mel took Loopyloops, which she makes in her dining room, to a local event and sold out within minutes.
After launching the company’s website in July 2011, Mel started entering the Twitter competition and just three weeks later Theo chose Loopyloops as a winner.
You may also want to watch:
Mel, who now has seven stockists, said: “Getting a re-tweet from Theo was a huge vote of confidence for my business, and then attending the winners event and getting to meet Theo in person was the icing on the cake.
“There is a lot of doom and gloom in the business world at the moment and to be part of such a positive and inspirational initiative for businesses is really important.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 4 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
Mel will be exhibiting Loopyloops at the North Somerset Agricultural Show in Wraxall on May 7.
The product is available online via www.loopyloops.co.uk, from The Blue Room in Nailsea, Luna in Clevedon and Beauty Time in Cleeve.