Loopyloops endorsed by Dragon
A SIMPLE space-saving idea has netted a Long Ashton entrepreneur a business award from a Dragons’ Den star.
Mel Jeffery, creator and owner of Loopyloops wardrobe organisers, scooped a Small Business Sunday Winners gong after sending her details to one of the most successful businessmen in the world, Theo Paphitis via networking website Twitter.
Mel devised Loopyloops after struggling with the lack of rail space in her wardrobe. Amazed by how effective it was and how much rail space she freed up, she quickly developed her idea into a fun, colourful and handmade product.
The business took off after Mel took Loopyloops, which she makes in her dining room, to a local event and sold out within minutes.
After launching the company’s website in July 2011, Mel started entering the Twitter competition and just three weeks later Theo chose Loopyloops as a winner.
You may also want to watch:
Mel, who now has seven stockists, said: “Getting a re-tweet from Theo was a huge vote of confidence for my business, and then attending the winners event and getting to meet Theo in person was the icing on the cake.
“There is a lot of doom and gloom in the business world at the moment and to be part of such a positive and inspirational initiative for businesses is really important.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
Mel will be exhibiting Loopyloops at the North Somerset Agricultural Show in Wraxall on May 7.
The product is available online via www.loopyloops.co.uk, from The Blue Room in Nailsea, Luna in Clevedon and Beauty Time in Cleeve.