Local sponsor for charity cycle ride
- Credit: CHSW
A NORTH Somerset manufacturing firm has agreed to sponsor a charity cycle ride for the second year running.
Edwards, which is based at Kenn Business Park in Kenn, is supporting Children’s Hospice South West’s (CHSW) Ride for Precious Lives.
The fundraiser takes place from July 11-13 and will see up to 100 participants cycle for 210 miles across the region.
The route will take in three counties, visiting the charity’s hospices at Little Harbour in St Austell, Cornwall, Little Bridge House in Barnstaple, Devon, and Charlton Farm in Wraxall.
Edwards’ senior product manager, Jago Snook, who completed last year’s event on a tandem with his colleague Stewart Davidson, said: “This is a great opportunity for Edwards to provide support to the event so as much of the individual sponsorship as possible goes directly to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t recommend the experience highly enough. It’s such a well-executed event with amazing camaraderie from both fellow participants and support staff.”
For more details or to register for the event visit www.chsw.org.uk/rfpl
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style