Local sponsor for charity cycle ride
- Credit: CHSW
A NORTH Somerset manufacturing firm has agreed to sponsor a charity cycle ride for the second year running.
Edwards, which is based at Kenn Business Park in Kenn, is supporting Children’s Hospice South West’s (CHSW) Ride for Precious Lives.
The fundraiser takes place from July 11-13 and will see up to 100 participants cycle for 210 miles across the region.
The route will take in three counties, visiting the charity’s hospices at Little Harbour in St Austell, Cornwall, Little Bridge House in Barnstaple, Devon, and Charlton Farm in Wraxall.
Edwards’ senior product manager, Jago Snook, who completed last year’s event on a tandem with his colleague Stewart Davidson, said: “This is a great opportunity for Edwards to provide support to the event so as much of the individual sponsorship as possible goes directly to the charity.
“I can’t recommend the experience highly enough. It’s such a well-executed event with amazing camaraderie from both fellow participants and support staff.”
For more details or to register for the event visit www.chsw.org.uk/rfpl
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Lovell's heroics ensure Clevedon Town pick up draw with Ilfracombe Town
- 7 Man to run half marathon for cancer charity
- 8 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam