Local sponsor for charity cycle ride
- Credit: CHSW
A NORTH Somerset manufacturing firm has agreed to sponsor a charity cycle ride for the second year running.
Edwards, which is based at Kenn Business Park in Kenn, is supporting Children’s Hospice South West’s (CHSW) Ride for Precious Lives.
The fundraiser takes place from July 11-13 and will see up to 100 participants cycle for 210 miles across the region.
The route will take in three counties, visiting the charity’s hospices at Little Harbour in St Austell, Cornwall, Little Bridge House in Barnstaple, Devon, and Charlton Farm in Wraxall.
Edwards’ senior product manager, Jago Snook, who completed last year’s event on a tandem with his colleague Stewart Davidson, said: “This is a great opportunity for Edwards to provide support to the event so as much of the individual sponsorship as possible goes directly to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t recommend the experience highly enough. It’s such a well-executed event with amazing camaraderie from both fellow participants and support staff.”
For more details or to register for the event visit www.chsw.org.uk/rfpl
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week