Lloyds closes last remaining bank in Yatton
- Credit: Archant
The last remaining bank in Yatton has closed down this week.
Lloyds in High Street closed for the final time on Tuesday, leaving the village without a bank.
Signs outside the bank have already been torn down and the future of the building is uncertain.
Lloyds has decided to close a number of banks around the country, including its branch in Winscombe.
However, its exit from Yatton leaves villagers facing a trip to Clevedon or Nailsea to do any face-to-face banking.
You may also want to watch:
That follows NatWest’s decision to close its branch in 2015 – that building in Pages Court is being transformed into a veterinary practice.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages