Lloyds closes last remaining bank in Yatton
- Credit: Archant
The last remaining bank in Yatton has closed down this week.
Lloyds in High Street closed for the final time on Tuesday, leaving the village without a bank.
Signs outside the bank have already been torn down and the future of the building is uncertain.
Lloyds has decided to close a number of banks around the country, including its branch in Winscombe.
However, its exit from Yatton leaves villagers facing a trip to Clevedon or Nailsea to do any face-to-face banking.
You may also want to watch:
That follows NatWest’s decision to close its branch in 2015 – that building in Pages Court is being transformed into a veterinary practice.
- 1 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans