Lloyds closes last remaining bank in Yatton
- Credit: Archant
The last remaining bank in Yatton has closed down this week.
Lloyds in High Street closed for the final time on Tuesday, leaving the village without a bank.
Signs outside the bank have already been torn down and the future of the building is uncertain.
Lloyds has decided to close a number of banks around the country, including its branch in Winscombe.
However, its exit from Yatton leaves villagers facing a trip to Clevedon or Nailsea to do any face-to-face banking.
You may also want to watch:
That follows NatWest’s decision to close its branch in 2015 – that building in Pages Court is being transformed into a veterinary practice.
- 1 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 5 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 6 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 9 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 10 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset