Lloyds closes last remaining bank in Yatton
- Credit: Archant
The last remaining bank in Yatton has closed down this week.
Lloyds in High Street closed for the final time on Tuesday, leaving the village without a bank.
Signs outside the bank have already been torn down and the future of the building is uncertain.
Lloyds has decided to close a number of banks around the country, including its branch in Winscombe.
However, its exit from Yatton leaves villagers facing a trip to Clevedon or Nailsea to do any face-to-face banking.
You may also want to watch:
That follows NatWest’s decision to close its branch in 2015 – that building in Pages Court is being transformed into a veterinary practice.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe