Lido Kitchen opens poolside
A NEW caf�, restaurant and tapas bar has received a seal of approval from diners.
The Lido Kitchen, which has opened adjacent to Portishead Open Air Pool, is the latest venture from part of the team behind successful Bristol venues including The Spotted Cow, The Bank and The Big Chill Bar.
James Savage is the owner, but diners will see more of manager Sian Breward and award-winning head chef Nathan Muir.
As well as classic brasserie dishes, modern British cuisine and a tapas menu, the venue also offers coffee, home-made cakes, afternoon tea and a bar.
Barbara Thatcher, a member of the Portishead Pool Community Trust said: “We had a brilliant time at the Lido Kitchen last night and everyone we spoke to said they were impressed.
You may also want to watch:
“Even though they were rushed off their feet, the service was very good and the food was fantastic.
“The tapas were really good and the chocolate pots with honeycomb were to die for.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
The Lido Kitchen is open seven days a week from 9am.