Lido Kitchen opens poolside
A NEW caf�, restaurant and tapas bar has received a seal of approval from diners.
The Lido Kitchen, which has opened adjacent to Portishead Open Air Pool, is the latest venture from part of the team behind successful Bristol venues including The Spotted Cow, The Bank and The Big Chill Bar.
James Savage is the owner, but diners will see more of manager Sian Breward and award-winning head chef Nathan Muir.
As well as classic brasserie dishes, modern British cuisine and a tapas menu, the venue also offers coffee, home-made cakes, afternoon tea and a bar.
Barbara Thatcher, a member of the Portishead Pool Community Trust said: “We had a brilliant time at the Lido Kitchen last night and everyone we spoke to said they were impressed.
You may also want to watch:
“Even though they were rushed off their feet, the service was very good and the food was fantastic.
“The tapas were really good and the chocolate pots with honeycomb were to die for.”
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 5 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 6 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
The Lido Kitchen is open seven days a week from 9am.