Lido Kitchen opens poolside
A NEW caf�, restaurant and tapas bar has received a seal of approval from diners.
The Lido Kitchen, which has opened adjacent to Portishead Open Air Pool, is the latest venture from part of the team behind successful Bristol venues including The Spotted Cow, The Bank and The Big Chill Bar.
James Savage is the owner, but diners will see more of manager Sian Breward and award-winning head chef Nathan Muir.
As well as classic brasserie dishes, modern British cuisine and a tapas menu, the venue also offers coffee, home-made cakes, afternoon tea and a bar.
Barbara Thatcher, a member of the Portishead Pool Community Trust said: “We had a brilliant time at the Lido Kitchen last night and everyone we spoke to said they were impressed.
You may also want to watch:
“Even though they were rushed off their feet, the service was very good and the food was fantastic.
“The tapas were really good and the chocolate pots with honeycomb were to die for.”
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun
The Lido Kitchen is open seven days a week from 9am.