Lido Kitchen opens poolside
A NEW caf�, restaurant and tapas bar has received a seal of approval from diners.
The Lido Kitchen, which has opened adjacent to Portishead Open Air Pool, is the latest venture from part of the team behind successful Bristol venues including The Spotted Cow, The Bank and The Big Chill Bar.
James Savage is the owner, but diners will see more of manager Sian Breward and award-winning head chef Nathan Muir.
As well as classic brasserie dishes, modern British cuisine and a tapas menu, the venue also offers coffee, home-made cakes, afternoon tea and a bar.
Barbara Thatcher, a member of the Portishead Pool Community Trust said: “We had a brilliant time at the Lido Kitchen last night and everyone we spoke to said they were impressed.
“Even though they were rushed off their feet, the service was very good and the food was fantastic.
“The tapas were really good and the chocolate pots with honeycomb were to die for.”
- 1 Contemporary four-bedroom house with beautiful views
- 2 Bus companies to face Portishead residents at fourth meeting
- 3 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 4 World-renowned cider maker to host family open day next month
- 5 Rural bus routes could get axed in proposals drawn up by First Bus
- 6 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 7 Pictures: Clevedon care home celebrates summer fete
- 8 New path will provide safer route to village school
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 How this housing developer is switching fuels to cut carbon emissions
The Lido Kitchen is open seven days a week from 9am.