Lee open’s his first barbershop
- Credit: Archant
A NEW barbershop has opened its doors in a North Somerset village.
Pill Barbershop has been set up by experienced barber Lee Missen who has been keen to open his first business in the area.
Lee, who lives with his wife Sam and children, Lara and Jake, in Yatton, chose the village of Pill as it did not have such a facility previously and hoped to fill a gap in the market.
A barber for seven years, 46-year-old Lee previously worked as a printer before being made redundant and retraining to follow in the footsteps of his mum, Pat, who is also a well-known hairdresser in North Somerset.
As well as investing a lot of his own money into the business in Bank Place, Lee’s venture was also given a boost with a grant toward its opening from North Somerset Council’s High Street Innovation Fund. The grant has helped to pay for new shop signs, flooring and a second work station.
You may also want to watch:
Lee’s parents, Pat and Pete, have also been on hand to help with the setting up of the shop.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens