Lee open’s his first barbershop
- Credit: Archant
A NEW barbershop has opened its doors in a North Somerset village.
Pill Barbershop has been set up by experienced barber Lee Missen who has been keen to open his first business in the area.
Lee, who lives with his wife Sam and children, Lara and Jake, in Yatton, chose the village of Pill as it did not have such a facility previously and hoped to fill a gap in the market.
A barber for seven years, 46-year-old Lee previously worked as a printer before being made redundant and retraining to follow in the footsteps of his mum, Pat, who is also a well-known hairdresser in North Somerset.
As well as investing a lot of his own money into the business in Bank Place, Lee’s venture was also given a boost with a grant toward its opening from North Somerset Council’s High Street Innovation Fund. The grant has helped to pay for new shop signs, flooring and a second work station.
You may also want to watch:
Lee’s parents, Pat and Pete, have also been on hand to help with the setting up of the shop.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic