Late-night shopping for ‘thriving’ street
- Credit: supplied
RETAILERS in Portishead will hold late-night shopping events in the run-up to Christmas in a bid to attract more people to its bustling high street.
These will be held on December 4, 11 and 18 when a number of shops in the town will stay open until 8pm.
As an added attraction, the town’s chamber of commerce will also host a Christmas market in The Poacher car park off High Street from 5-8pm on the same days.
This will sell a mixture of crafts, food and gifts.
Chamber president Victoria Hancock said: “Rather than sit in traffic jams and join the crush in large shopping complexes, the late-night shopping initiative in Portishead is giving people an opportunity to enjoy the real spirit of Christmas while browsing for their presents.
You may also want to watch:
“For those who don’t know our fantastic, thriving High Street we are proud to be able to offer a wide range of unique, unusual and quality goods.
“The town’s fabulous Christmas lights are reason enough to walk up and down the High Street and we are delighted that people can now do this on three Thursday evenings, with the added bonus of browsing a great variety of local products at the Christmas market.”
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 6 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 7 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 8 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
- 9 Call for community to support 'vital' children's hospice
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
The seasonal shopping events are also being supported and sponsored by Waitrose as well as the chamber of commerce.
There are a few remaining market stand spaces available for anyone wishing to sell items.
Anyone wishing to take part should contact Victoria on 01275 390620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org