Late-night shopping for ‘thriving’ street
- Credit: supplied
RETAILERS in Portishead will hold late-night shopping events in the run-up to Christmas in a bid to attract more people to its bustling high street.
These will be held on December 4, 11 and 18 when a number of shops in the town will stay open until 8pm.
As an added attraction, the town’s chamber of commerce will also host a Christmas market in The Poacher car park off High Street from 5-8pm on the same days.
This will sell a mixture of crafts, food and gifts.
Chamber president Victoria Hancock said: “Rather than sit in traffic jams and join the crush in large shopping complexes, the late-night shopping initiative in Portishead is giving people an opportunity to enjoy the real spirit of Christmas while browsing for their presents.
You may also want to watch:
“For those who don’t know our fantastic, thriving High Street we are proud to be able to offer a wide range of unique, unusual and quality goods.
“The town’s fabulous Christmas lights are reason enough to walk up and down the High Street and we are delighted that people can now do this on three Thursday evenings, with the added bonus of browsing a great variety of local products at the Christmas market.”
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 Nailsea United edged out six goal thriller at Chilcompton Sports
The seasonal shopping events are also being supported and sponsored by Waitrose as well as the chamber of commerce.
There are a few remaining market stand spaces available for anyone wishing to sell items.
Anyone wishing to take part should contact Victoria on 01275 390620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org