Lady P’s new business
- Credit: Archant
A VETERINARY nurse has qualified as a domestic installer and set up her own business in North Somerset.
Penny James created Lady P Electrics after completing a course with Weston College which has given her the necessary qualifications to carry out small jobs in the home.
The 48-year-old from Flax Bourton, who also works part-time for Watkins and Tasker Vets in Yatton, Nailsea and Portishead, has set up her own business in the hope of spending more time with family and doing the things she loves.
She has also been in touch with other local electricians in the hope of gaining more on-the-job experience.
She said: “I was lucky to get in touch with Emelia Flloyd, a Cheddar electrician, and I have been working with her every Monday since February.
You may also want to watch:
“She is amazingly skilled and has the respect of her male counter parts and also all the other tradesmen she works alongside, so although I would say it is a male dominated industry, there is a lot of respect for women who do this sort of work and do it well.
“I recently completed my to do list by buying myself a pony, a life-long dream, and I hope that Lady P will allow me to cut my hours at the vets to give me more time to spend with him and also help my mum out.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel