Kumon study centre opens
- Credit: Archant
A NEW study centre has opened in Portishead.
Vicky West has run Kumon classes for children in the town since 2005, hiring venues by the hour in which to hold her popular maths and English lessons.
Now however, Vicky has fulfilled her ambition to take on her own premises so that she can offer classes to students at any time Monday to Friday.
The new study centre is based in Lawes House in Bristol Road.
Vicky said: “I am extremely proud to have run Kumon classes in Portishead for the past eight years and am always thrilled to hear how students have benefited from the programmes at school and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
“Having a permanent secure, purpose-designed study centre will now allow me to offer the Kumon opportunity to more children.”
Kumon offers worksheet-based study programmes, designed to pursue the potential of each child. Vicky added: “The extended hours I can now offer will make classes more accessible to busy families and better value for money, as students are invited to attend as many sessions each week as they choose, at no extra cost.”
- 1 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 8 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 9 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 10 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity