Kumon study centre opens
- Credit: Archant
A NEW study centre has opened in Portishead.
Vicky West has run Kumon classes for children in the town since 2005, hiring venues by the hour in which to hold her popular maths and English lessons.
Now however, Vicky has fulfilled her ambition to take on her own premises so that she can offer classes to students at any time Monday to Friday.
The new study centre is based in Lawes House in Bristol Road.
Vicky said: “I am extremely proud to have run Kumon classes in Portishead for the past eight years and am always thrilled to hear how students have benefited from the programmes at school and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
“Having a permanent secure, purpose-designed study centre will now allow me to offer the Kumon opportunity to more children.”
Kumon offers worksheet-based study programmes, designed to pursue the potential of each child. Vicky added: “The extended hours I can now offer will make classes more accessible to busy families and better value for money, as students are invited to attend as many sessions each week as they choose, at no extra cost.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children