Kumon study centre opens
- Credit: Archant
A NEW study centre has opened in Portishead.
Vicky West has run Kumon classes for children in the town since 2005, hiring venues by the hour in which to hold her popular maths and English lessons.
Now however, Vicky has fulfilled her ambition to take on her own premises so that she can offer classes to students at any time Monday to Friday.
The new study centre is based in Lawes House in Bristol Road.
Vicky said: “I am extremely proud to have run Kumon classes in Portishead for the past eight years and am always thrilled to hear how students have benefited from the programmes at school and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
“Having a permanent secure, purpose-designed study centre will now allow me to offer the Kumon opportunity to more children.”
Kumon offers worksheet-based study programmes, designed to pursue the potential of each child. Vicky added: “The extended hours I can now offer will make classes more accessible to busy families and better value for money, as students are invited to attend as many sessions each week as they choose, at no extra cost.”
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 8 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 9 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport