KFC drive thru to open in Clevedon and Portishead?
- Credit: Archant
A popular fast food chain could open drive-thrus in North Somerset next year.
KFC has confirmed it is looking to build a drive-thru 'around the Clevedon and Portishead area', although a specific site has yet to be confirmed.
The closest restaurant to people of North Somerset is at the Gordano Service Station, just off junction 19 of the M5. There is also a drive-thru at the Gallagher Retail Park in Weston.
KFC has plans to open a further 1,000 restaurants in the UK and Ireland by 2020, with 18 'target locations' in the South West including a site in West Wick, near Worle.
Worle's Homebase store will close in December and could be split into three retail units, with KFC under offer to fill one of the spaces.
You may also want to watch:
A KFC spokesman said: "We are on the lookout for a brand-new site for Clevedon and Portishead fans.
"Feathers crossed we'll have something sorted soon."
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 5 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 6 North Somerset authors publish books
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 9 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 10 Camera club wants new members to join