KFC drive thru to open in Clevedon and Portishead?
- Credit: Archant
A popular fast food chain could open drive-thrus in North Somerset next year.
KFC has confirmed it is looking to build a drive-thru 'around the Clevedon and Portishead area', although a specific site has yet to be confirmed.
The closest restaurant to people of North Somerset is at the Gordano Service Station, just off junction 19 of the M5. There is also a drive-thru at the Gallagher Retail Park in Weston.
KFC has plans to open a further 1,000 restaurants in the UK and Ireland by 2020, with 18 'target locations' in the South West including a site in West Wick, near Worle.
Worle's Homebase store will close in December and could be split into three retail units, with KFC under offer to fill one of the spaces.
You may also want to watch:
A KFC spokesman said: "We are on the lookout for a brand-new site for Clevedon and Portishead fans.
"Feathers crossed we'll have something sorted soon."
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week