KFC drive thru to open in Clevedon and Portishead?
- Credit: Archant
A popular fast food chain could open drive-thrus in North Somerset next year.
KFC has confirmed it is looking to build a drive-thru 'around the Clevedon and Portishead area', although a specific site has yet to be confirmed.
The closest restaurant to people of North Somerset is at the Gordano Service Station, just off junction 19 of the M5. There is also a drive-thru at the Gallagher Retail Park in Weston.
KFC has plans to open a further 1,000 restaurants in the UK and Ireland by 2020, with 18 'target locations' in the South West including a site in West Wick, near Worle.
Worle's Homebase store will close in December and could be split into three retail units, with KFC under offer to fill one of the spaces.
You may also want to watch:
A KFC spokesman said: "We are on the lookout for a brand-new site for Clevedon and Portishead fans.
"Feathers crossed we'll have something sorted soon."
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 6 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3