Judges wowed by Viper’s kit
- Credit: Archant
A SUBSEA engineering company based in Portishead has triumphed at the 2014 National Private Business Awards.
Viper Subsea, based in Newfoundland Way, provides consultancy and develops products for the oil and gas sector worldwide, and is celebrating after winning the Technology Innovation of the Year category.
Managing director Neil Douglas accepted the award at a ceremony at the Guildhall in London, after judges were impressed by the the company’s innovative V-LIFE Electrical Insulation Resistance Improvement System.
Mr Douglas said: “V-LIFE is an important technology. The V-LIFE overcomes water ingress into electrical components and cables at depth and extends the life of the subsea infrastructure on older fields, thereby providing the possibility of deferring field abandonment.”
Viper Subsea - which has grown by 45 per cent in just 12 months - was up against some stiff competition but Mr Douglas says he believes the judges were impressed most because they have achieved a scientific breakthrough which provides significant benefit to their clients.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We have developed a product that will be key to ensuring the oil and gas field operators can extend the operating life of their subsea assets. This award is something the team at Viper Subsea can be very proud of.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches