Judges wowed by Viper’s kit
- Credit: Archant
A SUBSEA engineering company based in Portishead has triumphed at the 2014 National Private Business Awards.
Viper Subsea, based in Newfoundland Way, provides consultancy and develops products for the oil and gas sector worldwide, and is celebrating after winning the Technology Innovation of the Year category.
Managing director Neil Douglas accepted the award at a ceremony at the Guildhall in London, after judges were impressed by the the company’s innovative V-LIFE Electrical Insulation Resistance Improvement System.
Mr Douglas said: “V-LIFE is an important technology. The V-LIFE overcomes water ingress into electrical components and cables at depth and extends the life of the subsea infrastructure on older fields, thereby providing the possibility of deferring field abandonment.”
Viper Subsea - which has grown by 45 per cent in just 12 months - was up against some stiff competition but Mr Douglas says he believes the judges were impressed most because they have achieved a scientific breakthrough which provides significant benefit to their clients.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We have developed a product that will be key to ensuring the oil and gas field operators can extend the operating life of their subsea assets. This award is something the team at Viper Subsea can be very proud of.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage