Jubilee Inn returns
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR pub in Flax Bourton has been given a new name with the help of Times readers and customers.
In August, owners of the Dew Drop Inn, in Main Road, asked readers and regulars to vote on whether the pub should keep its current name or revert back to its previous title – The Jubilee Inn.
Brains, which owns the pub, had noticed many customers still referred to the venue as The Jubilee.
The votes have now been counted and the pub reopened on Friday as The Jubilee Inn.
New manager Marc Casey, said: “Since refurbishing the Dew Drop at the end of last year we’ve been listening to our customers, many of whom refer back to The Jubilee Inn.
You may also want to watch:
“So we were keen to know whether customers and readers would welcome a return to its previous name.
“Having listened to feedback, we were delighted to replace the current sign with the new jubilee sign. As well as making changes to the name, we’ve also made a few layout and menu changes and installed a new children’s play area.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
“We’re looking forward to welcoming new and returning customers to The Jubilee Inn, whether you’re having a pint of our finest cask ale with friends or a meal with the family.”
Times readers and customers were also asked for feedback on other changes they would like to see at the pub.