Jubilee Inn returns
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR pub in Flax Bourton has been given a new name with the help of Times readers and customers.
In August, owners of the Dew Drop Inn, in Main Road, asked readers and regulars to vote on whether the pub should keep its current name or revert back to its previous title – The Jubilee Inn.
Brains, which owns the pub, had noticed many customers still referred to the venue as The Jubilee.
The votes have now been counted and the pub reopened on Friday as The Jubilee Inn.
New manager Marc Casey, said: “Since refurbishing the Dew Drop at the end of last year we’ve been listening to our customers, many of whom refer back to The Jubilee Inn.
You may also want to watch:
“So we were keen to know whether customers and readers would welcome a return to its previous name.
“Having listened to feedback, we were delighted to replace the current sign with the new jubilee sign. As well as making changes to the name, we’ve also made a few layout and menu changes and installed a new children’s play area.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport
“We’re looking forward to welcoming new and returning customers to The Jubilee Inn, whether you’re having a pint of our finest cask ale with friends or a meal with the family.”
Times readers and customers were also asked for feedback on other changes they would like to see at the pub.