Jubilee Inn returns
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR pub in Flax Bourton has been given a new name with the help of Times readers and customers.
In August, owners of the Dew Drop Inn, in Main Road, asked readers and regulars to vote on whether the pub should keep its current name or revert back to its previous title – The Jubilee Inn.
Brains, which owns the pub, had noticed many customers still referred to the venue as The Jubilee.
The votes have now been counted and the pub reopened on Friday as The Jubilee Inn.
New manager Marc Casey, said: “Since refurbishing the Dew Drop at the end of last year we’ve been listening to our customers, many of whom refer back to The Jubilee Inn.
You may also want to watch:
“So we were keen to know whether customers and readers would welcome a return to its previous name.
“Having listened to feedback, we were delighted to replace the current sign with the new jubilee sign. As well as making changes to the name, we’ve also made a few layout and menu changes and installed a new children’s play area.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
“We’re looking forward to welcoming new and returning customers to The Jubilee Inn, whether you’re having a pint of our finest cask ale with friends or a meal with the family.”
Times readers and customers were also asked for feedback on other changes they would like to see at the pub.