Joking around to help carers
- Credit: Archant
THE Co-operative store in Portishead is hoping a three day comedy event will raise hundreds of pounds for its chosen charity of the year.
Employee Robert Lord is going to be putting his skills as a comedian to good use by joking around for 24 hours over three days.
Between September 26 and 28 Robert will be asking for donations as he tells jokes non-stop outside the Wyndham Way supermarket from 10am-6pm.
He said: “I’m practising every day and writing the jokes down because I can’t remember them all. I will have to tell an awful lot of jokes to fill the 24 hours.”
The Carers Trust supports young carers across the UK who face the challenges of supporting a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.
You may also want to watch:
Co-op Portishead has already raised thousands of pounds for the charity this year by holding a variety of events and activities including an in-store cycle and a community fete.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic