Joking around to help carers
- Credit: Archant
THE Co-operative store in Portishead is hoping a three day comedy event will raise hundreds of pounds for its chosen charity of the year.
Employee Robert Lord is going to be putting his skills as a comedian to good use by joking around for 24 hours over three days.
Between September 26 and 28 Robert will be asking for donations as he tells jokes non-stop outside the Wyndham Way supermarket from 10am-6pm.
He said: “I’m practising every day and writing the jokes down because I can’t remember them all. I will have to tell an awful lot of jokes to fill the 24 hours.”
The Carers Trust supports young carers across the UK who face the challenges of supporting a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.
You may also want to watch:
Co-op Portishead has already raised thousands of pounds for the charity this year by holding a variety of events and activities including an in-store cycle and a community fete.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage