Joking around to help carers
- Credit: Archant
THE Co-operative store in Portishead is hoping a three day comedy event will raise hundreds of pounds for its chosen charity of the year.
Employee Robert Lord is going to be putting his skills as a comedian to good use by joking around for 24 hours over three days.
Between September 26 and 28 Robert will be asking for donations as he tells jokes non-stop outside the Wyndham Way supermarket from 10am-6pm.
He said: “I’m practising every day and writing the jokes down because I can’t remember them all. I will have to tell an awful lot of jokes to fill the 24 hours.”
The Carers Trust supports young carers across the UK who face the challenges of supporting a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.
You may also want to watch:
Co-op Portishead has already raised thousands of pounds for the charity this year by holding a variety of events and activities including an in-store cycle and a community fete.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 3 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 6 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 7 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 9 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign