Joking around to help carers
- Credit: Archant
THE Co-operative store in Portishead is hoping a three day comedy event will raise hundreds of pounds for its chosen charity of the year.
Employee Robert Lord is going to be putting his skills as a comedian to good use by joking around for 24 hours over three days.
Between September 26 and 28 Robert will be asking for donations as he tells jokes non-stop outside the Wyndham Way supermarket from 10am-6pm.
He said: “I’m practising every day and writing the jokes down because I can’t remember them all. I will have to tell an awful lot of jokes to fill the 24 hours.”
The Carers Trust supports young carers across the UK who face the challenges of supporting a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.
You may also want to watch:
Co-op Portishead has already raised thousands of pounds for the charity this year by holding a variety of events and activities including an in-store cycle and a community fete.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 9 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year