Portishead hair salon closes down suddenly
- Credit: Google
Jean Mays Hair & Beauty, which has traded in Portishead for more than 30 years, has closed down with immediate effect.
A notice was put up in its window yesterday (Thursday) informing customers the business has ‘ceased trading’.
A business insolvency firm has been appointed to try to find a buyer.
The notice said: “Please take note that the above named company (Mays Limited) trading as Jean Mays Hair & Beauty has ceased to trade with immediate effect.
“If you are owed money by the company or you are interested in acquiring the business and assets please contact PCR (Bristol) LLP on phone 01172 390343 or alternatively email email@example.com”
You may also want to watch:
Many former customers and now-unemployed staff members have expressed their sadness at the salon’s demise on social media.
Jean Mays Hair & Beauty used to be run by Jean Mays herself.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 8 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 9 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
However, she left the business in autumn 2013 after falling out with Chris Ford who bought the business from her just weeks before.
A two-year legal fight ensued, which ended with Mr Ford agreeing to pay an undisclosed sum amid claims he failed to honour a consultancy deal with her which was made upon sale.
PCR (Bristol) LLP and Jean Mays Hair & Beauty have been approached for comment.