Portishead hair salon closes down suddenly
- Credit: Google
Jean Mays Hair & Beauty, which has traded in Portishead for more than 30 years, has closed down with immediate effect.
A notice was put up in its window yesterday (Thursday) informing customers the business has ‘ceased trading’.
A business insolvency firm has been appointed to try to find a buyer.
The notice said: “Please take note that the above named company (Mays Limited) trading as Jean Mays Hair & Beauty has ceased to trade with immediate effect.
“If you are owed money by the company or you are interested in acquiring the business and assets please contact PCR (Bristol) LLP on phone 01172 390343 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org”
You may also want to watch:
Many former customers and now-unemployed staff members have expressed their sadness at the salon’s demise on social media.
Jean Mays Hair & Beauty used to be run by Jean Mays herself.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 10 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
However, she left the business in autumn 2013 after falling out with Chris Ford who bought the business from her just weeks before.
A two-year legal fight ensued, which ended with Mr Ford agreeing to pay an undisclosed sum amid claims he failed to honour a consultancy deal with her which was made upon sale.
PCR (Bristol) LLP and Jean Mays Hair & Beauty have been approached for comment.