Industry recognition for equestrian shop sisters
- Credit: Archant
TWO sisters from Backwell have been named runners up in a retailer of the year award.
Jane Atherton, aged 30, and Libby Holliday, aged 33, were recognised for their dedication to Equicraft in Station Road.
The talented duo bought the equestrian shop four years ago and moved it from its former base in Rodney Road, to join with their parents’ firm Backwell Motors in 2013.
Jane and Libby were recognised at the 2015 British Equine Trade Association’s nationwide awards, which were held at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham.
The pair were nominated by their customers and suppliers before being selected to also be visited by a secret shopper. They made the final five short-list and were later named as runners up.
The shop, which sells horse wear and equipment, also has regular guest speakers and demonstrations to keep customers updated on the latest products and information.
Jane said: “We have been in the final five each year since we took on the shop and were also named as runners-up in 2012.
- 1 Parking restrictions plaguing Clevedon residents' everyday lives
- 2 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 3 More than 2,500 new homes north of Banwell in Local Plan draft
- 4 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 5 WATCH: Stunning 40-yard 'goal of the season' for Clevedon Town earns praise from FIFA
- 6 Sainsbury's propose 9,000 sq.ft North Somerset store
- 7 Plan for 2,800-home development would see 'Banwell Bypass' built
- 8 Clevedon rated as one of the most desirable places to live in the UK
- 9 Cross-party support for Liam Fox's 'landmark' Downs Syndrome Bill
- 10 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
“We were pipped to the post again this year but we will be entering again next year.
“As part of the nomination process we got lovely comments from our customers saying how friendly and helpful we are.
“It is great we have got the backing of our customers and they get excited for us, so thank you to them.”