Independent bed store set to open
- Credit: Archant
AN INDEPENDENT bed store will officially open its doors in Portishead on Boxing Day.
Called PortisBeds, it is based in Old Mill Road and has been established by Nailsea father-of-two John Lochrie.
The 46-year-old has vast experience in the retail and beds sector after working for John Lewis for 12 years, well-known bed and mattress supplier, Myers, for five years and also opening and running a joint venture bed shop in Bristol before this latest move.
John said: “I’m using bits of the selling points from my previous shop including selling a really wide range of beds and also stocking them for immediate delivery.
“Hopefully shoppers will support me as this will be a new, local, independent business.
You may also want to watch:
“I do get the feeling in Portishead that residents do like to support local shops which is great.”
Since acquiring one of the units at the Old Mill Road industrial estate, John has been working hard to transform it into an impressive show room in time for a preview evening held last week.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
The official opening will take place on December 26.
However, in the meantime John is willing to help customers who may be in need of a new bed before Christmas.
He said: “If anyone has people staying with them at Christmas and needs more room for them, I am more than happy to try to help meet their needs.”