Independent bed store set to open
- Credit: Archant
AN INDEPENDENT bed store will officially open its doors in Portishead on Boxing Day.
Called PortisBeds, it is based in Old Mill Road and has been established by Nailsea father-of-two John Lochrie.
The 46-year-old has vast experience in the retail and beds sector after working for John Lewis for 12 years, well-known bed and mattress supplier, Myers, for five years and also opening and running a joint venture bed shop in Bristol before this latest move.
John said: “I’m using bits of the selling points from my previous shop including selling a really wide range of beds and also stocking them for immediate delivery.
“Hopefully shoppers will support me as this will be a new, local, independent business.
You may also want to watch:
“I do get the feeling in Portishead that residents do like to support local shops which is great.”
Since acquiring one of the units at the Old Mill Road industrial estate, John has been working hard to transform it into an impressive show room in time for a preview evening held last week.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
The official opening will take place on December 26.
However, in the meantime John is willing to help customers who may be in need of a new bed before Christmas.
He said: “If anyone has people staying with them at Christmas and needs more room for them, I am more than happy to try to help meet their needs.”