Independent bed store set to open
- Credit: Archant
AN INDEPENDENT bed store will officially open its doors in Portishead on Boxing Day.
Called PortisBeds, it is based in Old Mill Road and has been established by Nailsea father-of-two John Lochrie.
The 46-year-old has vast experience in the retail and beds sector after working for John Lewis for 12 years, well-known bed and mattress supplier, Myers, for five years and also opening and running a joint venture bed shop in Bristol before this latest move.
John said: “I’m using bits of the selling points from my previous shop including selling a really wide range of beds and also stocking them for immediate delivery.
“Hopefully shoppers will support me as this will be a new, local, independent business.
“I do get the feeling in Portishead that residents do like to support local shops which is great.”
Since acquiring one of the units at the Old Mill Road industrial estate, John has been working hard to transform it into an impressive show room in time for a preview evening held last week.
- 1 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 2 Winners of Clevedon artist of the year announced
- 3 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 4 Specialist pre-school in Clevedon rated 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 5 LETTER: 'Has our council become a dictatorship?'
- 6 'Rundown' school play area given major refurb after campaign fundraises £10,000
- 7 Clifton music festival returns after Covid hiatus
- 8 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
The official opening will take place on December 26.
However, in the meantime John is willing to help customers who may be in need of a new bed before Christmas.
He said: “If anyone has people staying with them at Christmas and needs more room for them, I am more than happy to try to help meet their needs.”