Illustrated map shows sights to see in Portishead
- Credit: n/a
A mother-of-two has produced an illustrated guide to Portishead.
The map shows illustrations of landmarks and attractions like Battery Point, Black Nore Lighthouse, the lido and Portbury What Nature Reserve and is the work of creative director Sarah Richards.
She launched her own business in Portishead earlier in the year creating prints of her favourite places in Portishead and undertaking commissions for bespoke artworks.
However, the map is not a commercial venture – Sarah decided she wanted to use it to help promote the town.
She said: “I love Portishead and all within it, so creating this illustrated guide was a labour of love for me.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s free to anyone who wants one and can be obtained from a number of local shops and from Goodman & Lilley estate agents in Portishead High Street.
“It can also be downloaded from Visit Portishead.”
- 1 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 8 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 9 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime