Illustrated map shows sights to see in Portishead
- Credit: n/a
A mother-of-two has produced an illustrated guide to Portishead.
The map shows illustrations of landmarks and attractions like Battery Point, Black Nore Lighthouse, the lido and Portbury What Nature Reserve and is the work of creative director Sarah Richards.
She launched her own business in Portishead earlier in the year creating prints of her favourite places in Portishead and undertaking commissions for bespoke artworks.
However, the map is not a commercial venture – Sarah decided she wanted to use it to help promote the town.
She said: “I love Portishead and all within it, so creating this illustrated guide was a labour of love for me.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s free to anyone who wants one and can be obtained from a number of local shops and from Goodman & Lilley estate agents in Portishead High Street.
“It can also be downloaded from Visit Portishead.”
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun