Illustrated map shows sights to see in Portishead
- Credit: n/a
A mother-of-two has produced an illustrated guide to Portishead.
The map shows illustrations of landmarks and attractions like Battery Point, Black Nore Lighthouse, the lido and Portbury What Nature Reserve and is the work of creative director Sarah Richards.
She launched her own business in Portishead earlier in the year creating prints of her favourite places in Portishead and undertaking commissions for bespoke artworks.
However, the map is not a commercial venture – Sarah decided she wanted to use it to help promote the town.
She said: “I love Portishead and all within it, so creating this illustrated guide was a labour of love for me.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s free to anyone who wants one and can be obtained from a number of local shops and from Goodman & Lilley estate agents in Portishead High Street.
“It can also be downloaded from Visit Portishead.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 4 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches