Budget hotel opens in Portishead
- Credit: AGO Hotels
A new Ibis Budget has opened in the centre of Portishead.
Hotel staff were ‘raring to go’ and threw open the doors to the hotel on May 17.
Ibis Budget Portishead, in Harbour Road, is joining the global Ibis Budget brand, having previously operated as a Travelodge.
The hotel features 60 bedrooms, has free Wi-Fi as standard and operates with ALLSAFE health, safety and wellbeing guidance from the Accor group, which Ibis Budget is part of.
The hotel was finally able to open this month following a successful lease to AGO Hotels.
Co-founder of AGO Hotels, Lionel Benjamin, said the hotel opening was a huge day for the hospitality industry.
He added: “This has been one of the worst-hit sectors during the Covid pandemic. Now with the lifting of restrictions, we are so pleased to finally be opening the doors of the new Ibis Budget Portishead.
- 1 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 2 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 3 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 4 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 5 Portishead Tennis Club to host open day on new courts
- 6 Nailsea CC return to winning ways with big win at Frampton Cotterell seconds
- 7 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
- 8 Barrow Gurney lose unbeaten record after batting collapse
- 9 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 10 Cleeve and Portishead combine to produce exciting tie
“Our teams across all of our hotels are raring to go, and we look forward to providing a comfortable and affordable setting in Portishead for those travelling for work, enjoying a staycation or visiting friends and family.”
AGO Hotels launched in July 2020 as an alternative platform for hotel owners and operators, specialising in the budget hotels sector.
Ibis Budget is the number one budget hotel brand in Europe and AGO Hotels has a 25-year lease at the site in Portishead.
Co-founder of AGO Hotels, Vivian Watts, said: “It is fantastic to see UK hotels turning the lights back on, and we are especially pleased to be able to open the doors to our new Ibis Budget hotel in Portishead.
“Despite launching AGO in the height of the pandemic, our distinctive hybrid lease model has shown its resilience in tough market conditions and we have continued to grow rapidly.
“Now, we are looking forward to welcoming guests into our existing hotels, as well as continuing to look for new locations across the UK.”
Ibis Budget hotels are located near major routes, airports and a growing number of city centres in more than 20 countries around the globe.
The brand is part of Accor, a world-leading hospitality group consisting of more than 5,000 properties and 10,000 food and beverage venues throughout 110 countries.