Husband and wife open lingerie store in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A topless butler and a giant bra marked the opening of a new lingerie shop in Nailsea.
Tanya Hall and her husband Richard, who is also a pilot, have opened Moonrise Lingerie in Crown Glass Shopping Centre.
The shop, which goes up to plus sizes and up to H and G in some styles, will also be selling bridal lingerie.
Tanya, aged 34, from Nailsea, decided she wanted to open her own shop after she was unable to find the right size lingerie for her wedding.
She said: “We got married in 2010 and I struggled to find a bra to fit with my dress as not many places do plus sizes, so that’s where it all started.
“I wanted to open up a shop, but we couldn’t afford it straight away, so we started the business online first.”
Moonrise Lingerie has been operating for six years online, but it has now branched out into everyday underwear and staff will be offering free fittings to customers.
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 3 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 6 New chair elected at North Somerset Council
- 7 Nailsea's Trendlewood Park needs volunteers
- 8 Snoopy is coming to North Somerset...
- 9 Plan for nine homes near tourist attraction refused
- 10 Record-breaking North Somerset AC keep on delivering success
Tanya said: “It’s important to wear the right sized bra which is why we will be doing fittings.
“If you are wearing one that’s not supportive enough or it’s too big then it can stretch the ligaments in the top of the breast.
“If you wear one that’s too small it can damage the lymph nodes, which can be quite dangerous. It’s important to wear the right size and style.”
The shop will open from Tuesday to Saturday and it will also open after hours for bridal lingerie fittings.
Tanya, who worked at the airport before setting up her new venture, is looking forward to opening her new shop in Nailsea.
Her husband Richard will also be working as the director. To check out the shop online visit www.moonriselingerie.co.uk