Husband and wife open Italian deli in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
Tantalising delicacies from the heart of Italy are now being dished up at a new deli in Nailsea.
Husband and wife team Domenico and Sylwia Mingione have opened up Sapore Italiano – meaning Italian Tasty – in Crown Glass Shopping Centre.
Customers can buy home-made pizzas, breads, focaccia, pasta and desserts as well as cold cuts, tomatoes and ice cream.
Domenico, aged 45, was born in Naples and his passion for cooking began at a young age.
He started work as a waiter in a pizzeria, then moved to cooking in a shop making takeaway meals where he developed a love for pasta and sauces.
You may also want to watch:
When he met Sylwia, who specialises in desserts, it sparked a friendly rivalry to see who could cook better.
Domenico said: “Visitors to our shop will be able to discover mini pizzas, breads, focaccia, pasta, lasagna, parmesan, pesto, Genovese, cakes and desserts – all homemade – as well as typical products made in Italy including cold cuts, cookies, pasta and tomatoes, not forgetting, of course, the Italian ice cream.
- 1 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 2 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- 9 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
“We are hoping our customers will enjoy the food we create and will join us with our passion for Italian cuisine.”
Sapore Italiano offers freshly made breads, cakes, biscuits and an assortment of dishes and ice creams.