Husband and wife open Italian deli in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
Tantalising delicacies from the heart of Italy are now being dished up at a new deli in Nailsea.
Husband and wife team Domenico and Sylwia Mingione have opened up Sapore Italiano – meaning Italian Tasty – in Crown Glass Shopping Centre.
Customers can buy home-made pizzas, breads, focaccia, pasta and desserts as well as cold cuts, tomatoes and ice cream.
Domenico, aged 45, was born in Naples and his passion for cooking began at a young age.
He started work as a waiter in a pizzeria, then moved to cooking in a shop making takeaway meals where he developed a love for pasta and sauces.
You may also want to watch:
When he met Sylwia, who specialises in desserts, it sparked a friendly rivalry to see who could cook better.
Domenico said: “Visitors to our shop will be able to discover mini pizzas, breads, focaccia, pasta, lasagna, parmesan, pesto, Genovese, cakes and desserts – all homemade – as well as typical products made in Italy including cold cuts, cookies, pasta and tomatoes, not forgetting, of course, the Italian ice cream.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
“We are hoping our customers will enjoy the food we create and will join us with our passion for Italian cuisine.”
Sapore Italiano offers freshly made breads, cakes, biscuits and an assortment of dishes and ice creams.