Husband and wife open Italian deli in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
Tantalising delicacies from the heart of Italy are now being dished up at a new deli in Nailsea.
Husband and wife team Domenico and Sylwia Mingione have opened up Sapore Italiano – meaning Italian Tasty – in Crown Glass Shopping Centre.
Customers can buy home-made pizzas, breads, focaccia, pasta and desserts as well as cold cuts, tomatoes and ice cream.
Domenico, aged 45, was born in Naples and his passion for cooking began at a young age.
He started work as a waiter in a pizzeria, then moved to cooking in a shop making takeaway meals where he developed a love for pasta and sauces.
When he met Sylwia, who specialises in desserts, it sparked a friendly rivalry to see who could cook better.
Domenico said: “Visitors to our shop will be able to discover mini pizzas, breads, focaccia, pasta, lasagna, parmesan, pesto, Genovese, cakes and desserts – all homemade – as well as typical products made in Italy including cold cuts, cookies, pasta and tomatoes, not forgetting, of course, the Italian ice cream.
- 1 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 2 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 3 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 4 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 5 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 6 Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 9 New Clevedon shop opens in The Triangle
- 10 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
“We are hoping our customers will enjoy the food we create and will join us with our passion for Italian cuisine.”
Sapore Italiano offers freshly made breads, cakes, biscuits and an assortment of dishes and ice creams.