Hub launched for new businesses
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
A NEW business centre which is designed to encourage entrepreneurship in North Somerset has launched.
A flagship business hub serving the region has officially been opened in Weston’s growing Business Quarter.
MP John Penrose cut the ribbon to open the new work space and development centre – known as The Hive.
North Somerset Enterprise Agency (NSEA) owns and manages the centre and will offer support and advice to new or expanding local businesses.
The site, which is based on the former airfield in Weston Park, has 20,000sq ft of office space with communal facilities for up to 60 tenants.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a dedicated and secure broadband, conference rooms and a managed reception, as well as on-site support from a team of business advisors, for all to access.
Those behind the scheme hope it will become an enterprise hub, and since NSEA moved into the building in May it has been joined by DM Optics, Abersea Engineering, Green Frog Connect and Joyce Oliver Wealth Management.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 8 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
NSEA chief executive Angela Hicks said: “Now, when an individual in our community has an idea for a new business – a business that over time, if nurtured and grown, will contribute to the economy and perhaps create jobs – they can come here, not only for advice, but for everything that a small business needs in its crucial early months and years.”
Mr Penrose said: “Initiatives like The Hive are crucial to provide all the advice, encouragement and support which fledgling firms need to grow.
“The Hive has the potential to be a huge help to Weston’s economy. We need young businesses to flourish, and it provides great conditions for them to do so.”
“It is a building in which the whole of North Somerset can take pride and we hope that the local business community will get involved with The Hive, its events, its tenants and its passionate support of up-and-coming new business enterprises.”