Children’s hospice given hundreds of pounds by housebuilder
- Credit: Archant
A children’s charity in Wraxall has benefited from a £1,000 donation from a housebuilder.
The David Wilson Homes Community Fund presented Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) with the funds to support the work it does in caring for children with life-limiting conditions.
Louise Ware, sales director at David Wilson Homes, said: "Children's Hospice South West is a wonderful charity that helps children and families in the most desperate of times and we're thrilled to be able to support such a worthwhile cause."
Karen Mathie, from CHSW, is thrilled with the donation.
She said: "By providing a much-needed break, our families build a treasure-chest of precious memories to carry into the future, a future which will sadly be without their much-loved child or children.
You may also want to watch:
"And our support and contact will continue for as long as they need us. We are very grateful for David Wilson Homes' cash boost."
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset