Children’s hospice given hundreds of pounds by housebuilder
- Credit: Archant
A children’s charity in Wraxall has benefited from a £1,000 donation from a housebuilder.
The David Wilson Homes Community Fund presented Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) with the funds to support the work it does in caring for children with life-limiting conditions.
Louise Ware, sales director at David Wilson Homes, said: "Children's Hospice South West is a wonderful charity that helps children and families in the most desperate of times and we're thrilled to be able to support such a worthwhile cause."
Karen Mathie, from CHSW, is thrilled with the donation.
She said: "By providing a much-needed break, our families build a treasure-chest of precious memories to carry into the future, a future which will sadly be without their much-loved child or children.
You may also want to watch:
"And our support and contact will continue for as long as they need us. We are very grateful for David Wilson Homes' cash boost."
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 9 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 10 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project