Children’s hospice given hundreds of pounds by housebuilder
- Credit: Archant
A children’s charity in Wraxall has benefited from a £1,000 donation from a housebuilder.
The David Wilson Homes Community Fund presented Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) with the funds to support the work it does in caring for children with life-limiting conditions.
Louise Ware, sales director at David Wilson Homes, said: "Children's Hospice South West is a wonderful charity that helps children and families in the most desperate of times and we're thrilled to be able to support such a worthwhile cause."
Karen Mathie, from CHSW, is thrilled with the donation.
She said: "By providing a much-needed break, our families build a treasure-chest of precious memories to carry into the future, a future which will sadly be without their much-loved child or children.
You may also want to watch:
"And our support and contact will continue for as long as they need us. We are very grateful for David Wilson Homes' cash boost."
- 1 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 2 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 3 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 6 Camera club wants new members to join
- 7 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 10 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea