Children’s hospice given hundreds of pounds by housebuilder
- Credit: Archant
A children’s charity in Wraxall has benefited from a £1,000 donation from a housebuilder.
The David Wilson Homes Community Fund presented Children's Hospice South West (CHSW) with the funds to support the work it does in caring for children with life-limiting conditions.
Louise Ware, sales director at David Wilson Homes, said: "Children's Hospice South West is a wonderful charity that helps children and families in the most desperate of times and we're thrilled to be able to support such a worthwhile cause."
Karen Mathie, from CHSW, is thrilled with the donation.
She said: "By providing a much-needed break, our families build a treasure-chest of precious memories to carry into the future, a future which will sadly be without their much-loved child or children.
You may also want to watch:
"And our support and contact will continue for as long as they need us. We are very grateful for David Wilson Homes' cash boost."
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 4 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 5 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 6 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 7 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 8 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 9 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset