Hotel seeks to increase car parking spaces
- Credit: Archant
DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House has applied for planning permission to increase the number of car park spaces at the hotel and gym complex.
The Congresbury venue currently has 277 spaces for cars, coaches and motorbikes but is looking to increase its capacity.
Cadbury House wants to create three small extra parking areas on site which will have a total of 25 extra spaces.
According to documents submitted to North Somerset Council, those spaces will be used by staff.
In its submission, Cadbury says: “The proposed development will provide much-needed new parking areas to the hotel.
You may also want to watch:
“The proposal amounts to an appropriate level of development which is sustainable for the site.”
North Somerset Council’s highways department has raised no concerns about the proposed scheme.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 3 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 6 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 7 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 8 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations