Hotel seeks to increase car parking spaces
- Credit: Archant
DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House has applied for planning permission to increase the number of car park spaces at the hotel and gym complex.
The Congresbury venue currently has 277 spaces for cars, coaches and motorbikes but is looking to increase its capacity.
Cadbury House wants to create three small extra parking areas on site which will have a total of 25 extra spaces.
According to documents submitted to North Somerset Council, those spaces will be used by staff.
In its submission, Cadbury says: “The proposed development will provide much-needed new parking areas to the hotel.
You may also want to watch:
“The proposal amounts to an appropriate level of development which is sustainable for the site.”
North Somerset Council’s highways department has raised no concerns about the proposed scheme.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 6 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset