Hotel plans for Victorian estate
A NEW hotel could be created in the grounds of Clevedon Hall.
The estate off Victoria Road, which features a Grade II-listed mansion as well as numerous outbuildings, is used as a wedding and events venue as well as being home to an enterprise centre providing office space for businesses.
The Victorian hall was opened up for private events for the first time in its history in February 2010 and held its first wedding in July 2010.
Now, an application has been submitted to change the use of a two-storey office building and a former school laundry building on the site, which used to be home to St Brandon’s School, into a hotel.
It has been submitted to North Somerset Council by Property Potential, care of the estate’s owner, Peter McArthy.
You may also want to watch:
The proposals also include building a single-story extension following the demolition of existing extensions.
A decision on the application is not expected until September.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022