Home Bargains opens store in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
A national retailer has opened a new store in Portishead.
Home Bargains has spent about £500,000 on building a store off Harbour Road.
The Portishead shop is one of 400 stores Home Bargains operates in the UK and the new shop will employ 50 members of staff.
The retail unit was officially opened on November 7, with children’s favourite fictional characters Gru and Stuart from Minions and Despicable Me taking part in the ceremony.
Home Bargains has opened about 50 shops this year, and the company believes it is doing a good job at bucking the national trend.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Morris, operations director at Home Bargains, believes the development will be good for Portishead, situated near Lidl and a new Majestic Wine store.
A Wetherspoons pub is also being built nearby too, however, as previously revealed by the Times, it will not be open in time for Christmas.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 7 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
Mr Morris said: “We’re thrilled to be launching our first store in Portishead and look forward to welcoming both new and existing customers through the doors.
“Harbour Road is a great location for us and we’re pleased to be a new addition to the local business community.
“We’re proud to be able to offer local people top-branded goods at exceptionally low prices.”
Home Bargains’ 12,000 sq.ft new store offers shoppers a range of items, including homewares, drinks, snacks and health and beauty products.