Hire a bike for Ashton Court trails
- Credit: Archant
A MOUNTAIN biking enthusiast from Nailsea has set up a new bike hire business in Ashton Court.
Sam Fowler, aged 27, has moved his bike coaching business Pedal Progression to the beauty spot which is now home to world class mountain bike trails.
Sam and fellow director Matt Legg-Bagg have 14 bikes they can hire out to cyclists and they also offer courses in how to handle the trails and workshops on bike repairs.
Sam, a former Nailsea School pupil, said: “People spend a lot of money on their bikes and then just go out into the woods and mountains and ride and they often have crashes.
“We show people how to control the bike and how to react to the trail by constantly moving and putting forces into the bike.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s really satisfying when people come and hire bikes or get coaching and get more out of the sport or discover it for the first time.”
Sam worked in a bike shop in Bristol before he decided to set up Pedal Progression from his parents’ home in Nailsea.
- 1 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 7 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 10 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
He said: “I’ve been mountain biking all my life. I grew up riding round in Nailsea and the woods around there and Clevedon.
“If you haven’t got hundreds of pounds to spend on a bike, you can come and hire one and get a taster of what the sport is about.”
Sam and Matt have big plans for their business and by next year they want to stock bikes with child seats, bikes for disabled people, tandems and also run programmes for different community groups.
Pedal Progression is open from 10am-8pm from Wednesday-Friday and from 8am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday. To find out more about the business or to hire a bike visit www.pedalprogression.com