Café nominated for award for supporting breastfeeding mums
- Credit: Archant
A café in Portishead has been nominated for an award for being so welcoming to breastfeeding mums.
Heaven on the Hill cake shop and café was put forward for the accolade by mums from the town who regularly pop in with their babies.
Sam Cox and Vicki John have owned Heaven on the Hill in Avon Way for four years.
Baby sensory and baby massage sessions are held in the hall above the café every week and parents often pop in afterwards for a chat and a snack.
Sam said: “We are really chuffed. It’s really nice because we try to cater for everybody here.
You may also want to watch:
“We were childminders before this so we’ve always tried to support parents.”
The Feed With Confidence Awards from Lansinoh celebrate places and people across the country which support breastfeeding mums.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 6 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
The firm wants to remove the stigma attached to breastfeeding in public.