Café nominated for award for supporting breastfeeding mums
- Credit: Archant
A café in Portishead has been nominated for an award for being so welcoming to breastfeeding mums.
Heaven on the Hill cake shop and café was put forward for the accolade by mums from the town who regularly pop in with their babies.
Sam Cox and Vicki John have owned Heaven on the Hill in Avon Way for four years.
Baby sensory and baby massage sessions are held in the hall above the café every week and parents often pop in afterwards for a chat and a snack.
Sam said: “We are really chuffed. It’s really nice because we try to cater for everybody here.
You may also want to watch:
“We were childminders before this so we’ve always tried to support parents.”
The Feed With Confidence Awards from Lansinoh celebrate places and people across the country which support breastfeeding mums.
- 1 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 2 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 3 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 5 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 8 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
The firm wants to remove the stigma attached to breastfeeding in public.