Café nominated for award for supporting breastfeeding mums
- Credit: Archant
A café in Portishead has been nominated for an award for being so welcoming to breastfeeding mums.
Heaven on the Hill cake shop and café was put forward for the accolade by mums from the town who regularly pop in with their babies.
Sam Cox and Vicki John have owned Heaven on the Hill in Avon Way for four years.
Baby sensory and baby massage sessions are held in the hall above the café every week and parents often pop in afterwards for a chat and a snack.
Sam said: “We are really chuffed. It’s really nice because we try to cater for everybody here.
“We were childminders before this so we’ve always tried to support parents.”
The Feed With Confidence Awards from Lansinoh celebrate places and people across the country which support breastfeeding mums.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 3 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 4 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Nailsea & Backwell RFC boosted by Barratt Homes sponsorship deal
- 8 Winners of Clevedon artist of the year announced
- 9 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 10 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
The firm wants to remove the stigma attached to breastfeeding in public.