Café nominated for award for supporting breastfeeding mums
- Credit: Archant
A café in Portishead has been nominated for an award for being so welcoming to breastfeeding mums.
Heaven on the Hill cake shop and café was put forward for the accolade by mums from the town who regularly pop in with their babies.
Sam Cox and Vicki John have owned Heaven on the Hill in Avon Way for four years.
Baby sensory and baby massage sessions are held in the hall above the café every week and parents often pop in afterwards for a chat and a snack.
Sam said: “We are really chuffed. It’s really nice because we try to cater for everybody here.
You may also want to watch:
“We were childminders before this so we’ve always tried to support parents.”
The Feed With Confidence Awards from Lansinoh celebrate places and people across the country which support breastfeeding mums.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 4 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 10 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act
The firm wants to remove the stigma attached to breastfeeding in public.