Head shave in wife’s memory
- Credit: Archant
A man from Cleeve shaved off his hair to raise money for a charity in memory of his wife, who died of cancer.
Steve Brett, aged 62, had been with his partner Vickie for 38 years before she died of a brain tumour five years ago, aged 59.
The couple got married 15 weeks before she died.
Now Steve has decided to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support and he had his head shaved at Naturelle Hair & Beauty, based in Congresbury.
He said: “We knew right from the outset what was going to happen.
You may also want to watch:
“There were Macmillan nurses there and I chatted with them and they visited me afterwards.
“They do such wonderful work, they are amazing.”
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery
To donate to Steve’s fund, visit www.justgiving.com/VickieBrett