Head shave in wife’s memory
- Credit: Archant
A man from Cleeve shaved off his hair to raise money for a charity in memory of his wife, who died of cancer.
Steve Brett, aged 62, had been with his partner Vickie for 38 years before she died of a brain tumour five years ago, aged 59.
The couple got married 15 weeks before she died.
Now Steve has decided to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support and he had his head shaved at Naturelle Hair & Beauty, based in Congresbury.
He said: “We knew right from the outset what was going to happen.
You may also want to watch:
“There were Macmillan nurses there and I chatted with them and they visited me afterwards.
“They do such wonderful work, they are amazing.”
- 1 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 5 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 10 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
To donate to Steve’s fund, visit www.justgiving.com/VickieBrett