Head shave in wife’s memory
- Credit: Archant
A man from Cleeve shaved off his hair to raise money for a charity in memory of his wife, who died of cancer.
Steve Brett, aged 62, had been with his partner Vickie for 38 years before she died of a brain tumour five years ago, aged 59.
The couple got married 15 weeks before she died.
Now Steve has decided to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support and he had his head shaved at Naturelle Hair & Beauty, based in Congresbury.
He said: “We knew right from the outset what was going to happen.
“There were Macmillan nurses there and I chatted with them and they visited me afterwards.
“They do such wonderful work, they are amazing.”
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 3 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 4 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 7 'Accidental' house fire sees fire crews called out
- 8 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 9 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 10 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
To donate to Steve’s fund, visit www.justgiving.com/VickieBrett