Head shave in wife’s memory
- Credit: Archant
A man from Cleeve shaved off his hair to raise money for a charity in memory of his wife, who died of cancer.
Steve Brett, aged 62, had been with his partner Vickie for 38 years before she died of a brain tumour five years ago, aged 59.
The couple got married 15 weeks before she died.
Now Steve has decided to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support and he had his head shaved at Naturelle Hair & Beauty, based in Congresbury.
He said: “We knew right from the outset what was going to happen.
You may also want to watch:
“There were Macmillan nurses there and I chatted with them and they visited me afterwards.
“They do such wonderful work, they are amazing.”
- 1 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 2 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 3 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 4 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 5 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 6 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
To donate to Steve’s fund, visit www.justgiving.com/VickieBrett