Hawthorns helps out St Peter’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Hospice has received a large donation from a Clevedon retirement complex.
The Hawthorns has held a series of fundraising events over the past two years to support the charity, which helps terminally ill patients living in Bristol and North Somerset.
Goldie Tripney, The Hawthorns’ general manager, said: “We have raised money for St Peter’s in several ways, including a fair open to the general public at our property with various stalls, raffles, ticket sales and refreshments.
“We have been so pleased with the level of support received and I know St Peter’s is a place that is highly regarded among our residents.
“They feel that involvement with the community is essential and that’s why we make sure this fundraising takes place.
You may also want to watch:
“We get to hear about lots of charitable organisations, and the amazing things they are doing and it’s a great way for us to give something back.
“Providing residents with the opportunity to nominate a charity of their choosing ensures that we’re working together and our fundraising efforts are then based on real teamwork.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens