Hawthorns helps out St Peter’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Hospice has received a large donation from a Clevedon retirement complex.
The Hawthorns has held a series of fundraising events over the past two years to support the charity, which helps terminally ill patients living in Bristol and North Somerset.
Goldie Tripney, The Hawthorns’ general manager, said: “We have raised money for St Peter’s in several ways, including a fair open to the general public at our property with various stalls, raffles, ticket sales and refreshments.
“We have been so pleased with the level of support received and I know St Peter’s is a place that is highly regarded among our residents.
“They feel that involvement with the community is essential and that’s why we make sure this fundraising takes place.
“We get to hear about lots of charitable organisations, and the amazing things they are doing and it’s a great way for us to give something back.
“Providing residents with the opportunity to nominate a charity of their choosing ensures that we’re working together and our fundraising efforts are then based on real teamwork.”
- 1 Town council submits complaint over 'financially flawed' appropriation of land
- 2 PICTURES: Festival of light at Clevedon Marine Lake
- 3 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 4 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 5 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 6 Meet the new leader of the Somerset Chamber of Commerce
- 7 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 8 Somerset counselling service gets £5,000 cash boost
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES