Hawthorns helps out St Peter’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Hospice has received a large donation from a Clevedon retirement complex.
The Hawthorns has held a series of fundraising events over the past two years to support the charity, which helps terminally ill patients living in Bristol and North Somerset.
Goldie Tripney, The Hawthorns’ general manager, said: “We have raised money for St Peter’s in several ways, including a fair open to the general public at our property with various stalls, raffles, ticket sales and refreshments.
“We have been so pleased with the level of support received and I know St Peter’s is a place that is highly regarded among our residents.
“They feel that involvement with the community is essential and that’s why we make sure this fundraising takes place.
You may also want to watch:
“We get to hear about lots of charitable organisations, and the amazing things they are doing and it’s a great way for us to give something back.
“Providing residents with the opportunity to nominate a charity of their choosing ensures that we’re working together and our fundraising efforts are then based on real teamwork.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset