Hawthorns helps out St Peter’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Hospice has received a large donation from a Clevedon retirement complex.
The Hawthorns has held a series of fundraising events over the past two years to support the charity, which helps terminally ill patients living in Bristol and North Somerset.
Goldie Tripney, The Hawthorns’ general manager, said: “We have raised money for St Peter’s in several ways, including a fair open to the general public at our property with various stalls, raffles, ticket sales and refreshments.
“We have been so pleased with the level of support received and I know St Peter’s is a place that is highly regarded among our residents.
“They feel that involvement with the community is essential and that’s why we make sure this fundraising takes place.
You may also want to watch:
“We get to hear about lots of charitable organisations, and the amazing things they are doing and it’s a great way for us to give something back.
“Providing residents with the opportunity to nominate a charity of their choosing ensures that we’re working together and our fundraising efforts are then based on real teamwork.”
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 5 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 6 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 7 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 8 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 9 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 10 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity