Hair and beauty salon to open at Portishead Quays Marina
- Credit: n/a
A hair and beauty salon will open near Portishead Quays Marina next month.
A commercial property which has been empty since its completion more than a year ago, is being transformed to create the luxury business.
A 28-year-old Portishead businesswoman, Natalie Charman, owner of the Elements Hair and Beauty chain, has signed a lease on the premises in Newfoundland Way, for the group’s flagship salon.
The former Gordano School student, who is a qualified and experienced hair stylist with a degree in business management specialising in salon management, said she is excited for the business to open.
She said: “Ever since I joined a partnership to open the first Elements salon in Long Ashton in 2010 it has been my dream to bring Aveda products to Portishead and now that dream is coming true.
You may also want to watch:
“Work is well already underway for this transformation and we are all so excited.”
The salon, Portishead’s first Aveda salon, will be a showpiece for the Elements group, with a modern urban interior and a 12-strong team of highly-qualified and experienced stylists and therapists delivering luxury products and services. It will also introduce a barber to the group.
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
Natalie added: “We will be offering a city centre service in the heart of the Portishead community designed to fit around clients’ busy lifestyles, with late nights planned and if demand requires it, Sunday opening hours too.
“Before we open there will be plenty of opportunity for local residents to visit and have a look around, details of which we will post on the Elements Facebook page.”
Elements Portishead will open on April 29.