Hair and beauty salon to open at Portishead Quays Marina
- Credit: n/a
A hair and beauty salon will open near Portishead Quays Marina next month.
A commercial property which has been empty since its completion more than a year ago, is being transformed to create the luxury business.
A 28-year-old Portishead businesswoman, Natalie Charman, owner of the Elements Hair and Beauty chain, has signed a lease on the premises in Newfoundland Way, for the group’s flagship salon.
The former Gordano School student, who is a qualified and experienced hair stylist with a degree in business management specialising in salon management, said she is excited for the business to open.
She said: “Ever since I joined a partnership to open the first Elements salon in Long Ashton in 2010 it has been my dream to bring Aveda products to Portishead and now that dream is coming true.
You may also want to watch:
“Work is well already underway for this transformation and we are all so excited.”
The salon, Portishead’s first Aveda salon, will be a showpiece for the Elements group, with a modern urban interior and a 12-strong team of highly-qualified and experienced stylists and therapists delivering luxury products and services. It will also introduce a barber to the group.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 Cliff Richard concert to be live streamed in cinemas
- 9 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 10 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
Natalie added: “We will be offering a city centre service in the heart of the Portishead community designed to fit around clients’ busy lifestyles, with late nights planned and if demand requires it, Sunday opening hours too.
“Before we open there will be plenty of opportunity for local residents to visit and have a look around, details of which we will post on the Elements Facebook page.”
Elements Portishead will open on April 29.