Gym-goers provide the power
- Credit: Archant
A CONGRESBURY gym is looking after the planet as well as members’ bodies by installing environmentally-friendly equipment.
Doubletree by Hilton at Cadbury House has installed new gym kit in theclub which uses the energy exerted by fitness fanatics to power part of the hotel complex.
Jason Eaton, the gym’s general manager, said installing the 42 pieces of Technogym equipment is better for users and the company, with it gaining interest from a Russian TV station and Italian newspapers.
He said: “The installation of this new equipment really is the very latest in health club technology.
“In terms of cutting-edge design, sustainability, connectivity and biomechanical excellence, nothing comes close.
You may also want to watch:
“To be the first health club in the world to have this new technology once again proves we are leading edge when it comes to improving our members’ experience.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer