Gym-goers provide the power
- Credit: Archant
A CONGRESBURY gym is looking after the planet as well as members’ bodies by installing environmentally-friendly equipment.
Doubletree by Hilton at Cadbury House has installed new gym kit in theclub which uses the energy exerted by fitness fanatics to power part of the hotel complex.
Jason Eaton, the gym’s general manager, said installing the 42 pieces of Technogym equipment is better for users and the company, with it gaining interest from a Russian TV station and Italian newspapers.
He said: “The installation of this new equipment really is the very latest in health club technology.
“In terms of cutting-edge design, sustainability, connectivity and biomechanical excellence, nothing comes close.
You may also want to watch:
“To be the first health club in the world to have this new technology once again proves we are leading edge when it comes to improving our members’ experience.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon