Gym-goers provide the power
- Credit: Archant
A CONGRESBURY gym is looking after the planet as well as members’ bodies by installing environmentally-friendly equipment.
Doubletree by Hilton at Cadbury House has installed new gym kit in theclub which uses the energy exerted by fitness fanatics to power part of the hotel complex.
Jason Eaton, the gym’s general manager, said installing the 42 pieces of Technogym equipment is better for users and the company, with it gaining interest from a Russian TV station and Italian newspapers.
He said: “The installation of this new equipment really is the very latest in health club technology.
“In terms of cutting-edge design, sustainability, connectivity and biomechanical excellence, nothing comes close.
You may also want to watch:
“To be the first health club in the world to have this new technology once again proves we are leading edge when it comes to improving our members’ experience.”
- 1 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 5 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 6 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 7 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 8 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 9 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 10 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave