Greene King put Lord Nelson pub up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset pub has been put up for sale – but its owners say they have ‘no plans’ to close the venue.
Greene King is hoping to sell the Lord Nelson, in Cleeve, for £625,000.
It operates the Main Road pub as part of its Hungry Horse chain.
A spokesman for Greene King said the decision to sell the Lord Nelson had been taken after a review of the pub’s viability.
The spokesman said: “We regularly review our estate and may explore other options around the future of our less sustainable sites, or where they might better fulfil their potential for the local community under different ownership.
You may also want to watch:
“Following such a review, a decision has been taken to put the Lord Nelson on the market. The pub remains open and we have no plans for it to cease trading.
“We will continue to ensure our team is kept fully up to date on developments.”
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Nailsea pupils enjoy forest school sessions