Greene King put Lord Nelson pub up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset pub has been put up for sale – but its owners say they have ‘no plans’ to close the venue.
Greene King is hoping to sell the Lord Nelson, in Cleeve, for £625,000.
It operates the Main Road pub as part of its Hungry Horse chain.
A spokesman for Greene King said the decision to sell the Lord Nelson had been taken after a review of the pub’s viability.
The spokesman said: “We regularly review our estate and may explore other options around the future of our less sustainable sites, or where they might better fulfil their potential for the local community under different ownership.
“Following such a review, a decision has been taken to put the Lord Nelson on the market. The pub remains open and we have no plans for it to cease trading.
“We will continue to ensure our team is kept fully up to date on developments.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 4 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 5 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 6 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Yatton RFC make history with first ever under-nine game
- 9 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 10 New free BMX track proposed for Portishead