Get messy, active and noisy
A NORTH Somerset teacher has started her own business providing fun and messy sessions for children.
Lorna McGwyer has set up Get Busy while on maternity leave from her job as assistant headteacher at Golden Valley Primary School in Nailsea.
The 32-year-old from Clevedon will run weekly sessions for children aged one and above with each one concentrating on either getting active, getting messy or getting noisy.
Get Active is aimed at helping children’s coordination, balance, throwing and catching while allowing them to burn off excess energy.
Get Messy allows the youngsters’ imaginations run free with paint, glue, glitter and collage and Get Noisy will include story-telling, making music and singing.
You may also want to watch:
Lorna, a mother-of-two of Hallam Road, said: “I wanted to do this following my experiences as a teacher and as a parent.
“I think this is different to anything I have been to.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 6 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 7 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
The Get Busy sessions will run for 45 minutes and begin on Monday with Get Active at Kingsley Hall in Old Street, Clevedon, at 10am.
Lorna also plans to hold parties and holiday activities for children up to the age of 11.
For more details call Lorna on 07971 550727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org