Gallery: A big day for growing network
- Credit: Archant
BRIDES-TO-BE had the chance to find out what North Somerset’s independent firms have to offer at an annual wedding fair organised by Portishead Wedding Network.
The growing group, which was set up three years ago and seeks to promote the interests of small wedding businesses in North Somerset, held the event at St Peter’s Church in Portishead on Saturday.
Visitors could enjoy fashion shows while also having the chance to meet a host of suppliers including photographers, cake makers, transport providers and suit suppliers.
Photographer Pat Cooper, who is chairman of the network, said: “We had lots of people through the door and everyone taking part said they had lots of interest in what we have to offer.
“We had more than 50 brides visit us during the event.
“The network is growing on almost a daily basis and we are being approached regularly by people keen to join.
“I think people are seeing how successful it is at promoting members and they want to be a part of it.
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 Beautiful open-plan, versatile living in popular Portishead
- 3 Primary school children raise almost £300 at bake sale in Clevedon
- 4 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 5 Planning a funeral: 7 key things to add to your checklist
- 6 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 7 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 8 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 9 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 10 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
“We have members across North Somerset as well as in Bristol but the main thing is that they are all small businesses and all work in North Somerset.”