Gallery: A big day for growing network
- Credit: Archant
BRIDES-TO-BE had the chance to find out what North Somerset’s independent firms have to offer at an annual wedding fair organised by Portishead Wedding Network.
The growing group, which was set up three years ago and seeks to promote the interests of small wedding businesses in North Somerset, held the event at St Peter’s Church in Portishead on Saturday.
Visitors could enjoy fashion shows while also having the chance to meet a host of suppliers including photographers, cake makers, transport providers and suit suppliers.
Photographer Pat Cooper, who is chairman of the network, said: “We had lots of people through the door and everyone taking part said they had lots of interest in what we have to offer.
“We had more than 50 brides visit us during the event.
You may also want to watch:
“The network is growing on almost a daily basis and we are being approached regularly by people keen to join.
“I think people are seeing how successful it is at promoting members and they want to be a part of it.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers
“We have members across North Somerset as well as in Bristol but the main thing is that they are all small businesses and all work in North Somerset.”