Funeral director issues a doorstep seller warning
A PORTISHEAD funeral director is warning people to seek advice before purchasing funeral plans from cold callers or mail shots.
This follows instances where grieving families in the town have bought such plans and been left deeply disappointed.
Matthew Aldridge, Funeral director of F H Halliday & Son, said: “I am getting very concerned about people replying to doorstep sellers and mail shots about funeral plans.
“I have recently come across three different grieving families in the town who have been extremely distressed to find the funeral plans they had purchased were locked into certain companies and did not allow them to use their chosen local funeral director.”
One of the families told Mr Aldridge they had bought their funeral plan from someone who called at their home.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “This is not a subject to be discussing on the doorstep with a complete stranger. It should be something discussed with family, or at least given plenty of time to consider.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder