Funding offer to help create more jobs
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESSES across North Somerset have the chance to apply for funding to enable them to grow and employ more people.
Applications are being accepted for money from the West of England Growth Fund, which is locally-run and for creating and support existing jobs by matching public and private money.
It is open to small and medium-sized businesses including start-ups, sole traders and existing firms looking to expand.
Applications can be made for between £10,000 and £80,000 and must be for new and additional activity that will enable companies to employ more staff.
The West of England Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) can help with general enquiries about the application process and North Somerset Enterprise Agency (NSEA) can offer specific, local support.
You may also want to watch:
Companies in the sectors covering advanced engineering, aerospace and defence, creative and digital, high-tech industries, low-carbon industries and professional and financial services are especially encouraged to apply.
Portishead firm, Viper Subsea Engineering, made a successful application in the last round of funding to enable it to begin a new project.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 4 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 5 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
- 9 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
Managing director Neil Douglas said: “The grant covers an agreed percentage of our actual costs and we have to find the balance of the project costs from alternative sources but the grant has enabled us to proceed. For us, the fact our specific project is proceeding has already resulted in new jobs being created and so the prime objective of the RGF is well on the way to being met.”
For more details on how to apply visit www.innorthsomerset.co.uk/business-resources/funding-grants
For more details on the LEP visit www.westofenglandlep.co.uk or, for the NSEA, visit wwwnorthsomersetenterpriseagency.co.uk