Friday Flex for home workers
- Credit: Archant
A NEW initiative in Clevedon will see home workers given the chance to network and socialise with each other while carrying on their daily business.
The town’s Curzon cinema will launch Friday Flex at the Old Church Road building on January 31, giving business people the chance to hire out desk space.
Aimed at freelance and self-employed people, as well as those who want to occasionally avoid their daily commute, the scheme was thought up by Clevedon town councillor Jane Geldart who is also self-employed and keen to support businessmen and women in the area.
Five free trial sessions will run on consecutive Fridays from January 31 to February 28 after which the success of the scheme will be evaluated.
The cinema’s Oak Room will be open from 9am-5pm and there will be desks, chairs and sofas for people to us as well as free wi-fi.
You may also want to watch:
Jane, who has worked with Curzon staff to develop the scheme, said: “As attractive as working from home is, sometimes you just need to get away from your own four walls. That’s why working in cafés has become so popular.
“It can be lonely working at home on your own. Friday Flex at the Curzon will offer the chance to socialise with other local business people.”
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 5 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 10 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
To book a place, either for a half day or full day, visit www.eventbrite.co.uk and search for Friday Flex in Clevedon.
There will be someone on hand to meet and greet co-workers and explain how the scheme will work as they arrive.