Friday Flex for home workers
- Credit: Archant
A NEW initiative in Clevedon will see home workers given the chance to network and socialise with each other while carrying on their daily business.
The town’s Curzon cinema will launch Friday Flex at the Old Church Road building on January 31, giving business people the chance to hire out desk space.
Aimed at freelance and self-employed people, as well as those who want to occasionally avoid their daily commute, the scheme was thought up by Clevedon town councillor Jane Geldart who is also self-employed and keen to support businessmen and women in the area.
Five free trial sessions will run on consecutive Fridays from January 31 to February 28 after which the success of the scheme will be evaluated.
The cinema’s Oak Room will be open from 9am-5pm and there will be desks, chairs and sofas for people to us as well as free wi-fi.
You may also want to watch:
Jane, who has worked with Curzon staff to develop the scheme, said: “As attractive as working from home is, sometimes you just need to get away from your own four walls. That’s why working in cafés has become so popular.
“It can be lonely working at home on your own. Friday Flex at the Curzon will offer the chance to socialise with other local business people.”
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 5 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 8 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
To book a place, either for a half day or full day, visit www.eventbrite.co.uk and search for Friday Flex in Clevedon.
There will be someone on hand to meet and greet co-workers and explain how the scheme will work as they arrive.