Fresh hope for long-haul flights from Bristol Airport
- Credit: Archant
WORK on a multi-million pound extension to Bristol Airport will be completed in time for next summer.
Bosses have announced in the past week an £8.6million project to increase the size of the terminal – the first expansion since the site’s opening in 2000.
Robert Sinclair, the airport’s chief executive, said: “The (newly-opened) central walkway sets a new benchmark for passenger facilities at Bristol Airport and the eastern terminal extension will raise the bar higher again.
“This significant investment demonstrates our ambition to become the airport of choice for passengers across the South West and South Wales.
“High-quality infrastructure will also make Bristol Airport even more attractive to airlines, helping to extend the choice of destinations available – including long haul services to North America and the Middle East in future.”
You may also want to watch:
Rumours are intensifying that Bristol Airport’s main shareholders are looking to sell in a deal which could be worth £250million.
For several weeks there has been talk that Australian asset manager Macquarie Group is looking to offload its 50 per cent stake in the Lulsgate site.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, which owns 49 per cent of the remaining shares, has now publicly expressed interest in increasing its stake, paving the way for a possible buyout.
While any potential deal is expected to reach about £250million, it is unlikely to have any major bearings on the day-to-day running of the airport.