Portishead business praised for fitness offering
- Credit: n/a
A North Somerset health and fitness firm was named as a finalist in a Bristol business awards competition.
Fox Cycling, in Portishead, missed out on winning a prize at the Bristol Life Awards, but the company beat off some strong competition to get a nomination.
The business, which is based in Kestrel Court, was one of seven finalists in the health and wellbeing category, alongside organisations including Great Western Air Ambulance and Nuffield Hospital.
Steven and Angela Fox run the company and offer a range of services, including health screenings and teaching people how to ride in a bid to increase participation in cycling.
He said: “We are committed to offering an extremely personal service, we aim to understand peoples anxieties and barriers and work with them to achieve their goals.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s so encouraging to be recognised for the passion we have and for the benefits we bring to changing people’s lives. ”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022