Portishead business praised for fitness offering
- Credit: n/a
A North Somerset health and fitness firm was named as a finalist in a Bristol business awards competition.
Fox Cycling, in Portishead, missed out on winning a prize at the Bristol Life Awards, but the company beat off some strong competition to get a nomination.
The business, which is based in Kestrel Court, was one of seven finalists in the health and wellbeing category, alongside organisations including Great Western Air Ambulance and Nuffield Hospital.
Steven and Angela Fox run the company and offer a range of services, including health screenings and teaching people how to ride in a bid to increase participation in cycling.
He said: “We are committed to offering an extremely personal service, we aim to understand peoples anxieties and barriers and work with them to achieve their goals.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s so encouraging to be recognised for the passion we have and for the benefits we bring to changing people’s lives. ”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 6 Further delays for rail project
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 9 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 10 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website