Former restaurant put up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A former restaurant in Claverham has been put up for sale.
The Post Box in High Street closed in mid-March when its chef moved to a restaurant in Redhill.
Jonny Burnett opened The Post Box only last year, when Poppies café moved out of the premises and it has since relocated to Claverham Village Hall.
Despite a renovation at the start of the year, Jonny has decided to move on to a new challenge and he now works at The Darlington Arms in Redhill.
Since closing two months ago, the unit has stood empty.
You may also want to watch:
However, in the past fortnight ‘for sale’ boards have been put up outside the restaurant.
It is being marketed by Debbie Fortune Estate Agents for £350,000.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 9 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
The ground-floor used to be used as the restaurant seating area and was several years ago a Post Office and shop.
Above it, is a three-bedroom self-contained flat.