Former restaurant put up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A former restaurant in Claverham has been put up for sale.
The Post Box in High Street closed in mid-March when its chef moved to a restaurant in Redhill.
Jonny Burnett opened The Post Box only last year, when Poppies café moved out of the premises and it has since relocated to Claverham Village Hall.
Despite a renovation at the start of the year, Jonny has decided to move on to a new challenge and he now works at The Darlington Arms in Redhill.
Since closing two months ago, the unit has stood empty.
You may also want to watch:
However, in the past fortnight ‘for sale’ boards have been put up outside the restaurant.
It is being marketed by Debbie Fortune Estate Agents for £350,000.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
The ground-floor used to be used as the restaurant seating area and was several years ago a Post Office and shop.
Above it, is a three-bedroom self-contained flat.