Former butcher opens jewellery store in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A sparkling array of jewellery will be on sale in a new shop which has opened in Nailsea.
C&G Silver of Nailsea welcomed customers when it opened up in Crown Glass Shopping Centre on Saturday.
The store, owned and managed by Paul Croxton, will sell a wide range of silver jewellery including body jewellery, titanium bracelets and silver gift items.
Paul said an accident has prompted the career change.
He said: “For more than 29 years, I was a fully qualified butcher but an injury meant I could not continue with this professionally but, as they say, every cloud has a sliver lining and it gave me the opportunity to change direction and take on this new challenge.”
Paul is a huge supporter of the Help for Heroes charity and everyone who buys a product from the shop will be able to buy a £1 raffle ticket for a monthly draw – 50p from each ticket will be donated to charity.
The 5p charge for carrier bags in store will also be donated to the charity.
- 1 Clevedon sixth formers teach English to non-native speakers
- 2 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 3 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 4 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 5 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 6 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 7 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 8 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Home star Hughes wins Nailsea OBE tournament
Centre manager Rob Stokell said: “We look forward to C&G Silver joining us at the Crown Glass Shopping Centre.
“We already have an excellent variety of independent shops in the centre and it is this diversity which makes a visit to Crown Glass even more enjoyable.
“We are confident that C&G Silver will only further enhance the centre and wish him every success.”