Fire-hit gym reopens
A CLEVEDON health club has reopened its doors after a fire left the building severely damaged.
Members of Body Management in Alexandra Road can now return to the gym almost a year after a fire broke out at the Old Market Hall building.
Formerly known as The Health Club, the fire at one end of the two-storey building occurred just more than a month after its new owner, Mike Oliver-Neck, took it on.
Since then, months of painstaking work have taken place to restore the Grade II-listed building including a restoration of the roof and the extension of the mezzanine floor.
The gym now boasts a new cardio theatre, new areas for weights and stretching, as well as a juice and smoothie bar. There is also a new therapy room and a chill out area.
You may also want to watch:
Mike said: “It is really good and we are really excited to have reopened.
“We have had great feedback from all our members and we already have as many members back as we did before the fire.
- 1 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 5 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 6 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 7 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 8 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 9 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 10 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
“Everyone has said how fantastic it is.
“Everyone in Clevedon has been helpful - it shows what a tight-knit community Clevedon has.”