Fire-hit gym reopens
A CLEVEDON health club has reopened its doors after a fire left the building severely damaged.
Members of Body Management in Alexandra Road can now return to the gym almost a year after a fire broke out at the Old Market Hall building.
Formerly known as The Health Club, the fire at one end of the two-storey building occurred just more than a month after its new owner, Mike Oliver-Neck, took it on.
Since then, months of painstaking work have taken place to restore the Grade II-listed building including a restoration of the roof and the extension of the mezzanine floor.
The gym now boasts a new cardio theatre, new areas for weights and stretching, as well as a juice and smoothie bar. There is also a new therapy room and a chill out area.
You may also want to watch:
Mike said: “It is really good and we are really excited to have reopened.
“We have had great feedback from all our members and we already have as many members back as we did before the fire.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 7 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea food festival returns to town
- 10 North Somerset authors publish books
“Everyone has said how fantastic it is.
“Everyone in Clevedon has been helpful - it shows what a tight-knit community Clevedon has.”